WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

I have an unlocked, bought from Amazon.ca, device with VoLTE enabled on Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

So your VOLTE is working on Rogers?

There is also a new firmware for the Pixel specifically for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

NOF26W is the newest available firmware; see if it actually enables VOLTE for your Pixel / Pixel XL.
I've Been Here Awhile

Is Wi-Fi Calling also enabled?
I've Been Here Awhile

From what I understand Rogers is an international carrier partner with Google -to the point that Rogers gets the exclusive rights to the really blue Pixel in Canada. Google says that the Pixel is VoLTE ready, but it has to partner with the carriers to configure the network. So, Rogers partners with Google, but only to sell phones, and not for making advanced features built in to the phones available to customers?

I had a S7 Edge (bought from Rogers) that had VoLTE and Wifi calling but didn't work well with the Rogers network (LTE connection would drop and eventually all connectivity would go -only fix was to reboot) and now I have a Pixel that has LTE but no wifi calling or VoLTE even though the functionality is built into the phone.

Way to go Rogers... Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/02/17/google-pixel-volte-support-coming-soon-rogers/

Guessing 7.1.2 will be the update as the option is in the settings on the beta but doesn't do anything currently.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

As per the official OS Upgrade Schedule Thread, Rogers will provide the VOLTE and security updates on tHe next update coming for both Pixel and Pixel XL. It shows Coming soon though.

Stay tuned for more information and I'll post more!

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1
I Plan to Stick Around

Does that update include WiFi calling?  I have poor cell coverage in my home and WiFi calling would be a big improvement.

tnx jk

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JKnott

I haven't heard that for the update but once I get information I will get that information I will post it for u :).
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone loaded the new NOF27C for your Pixel (March update)?