WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Does anyone have any information as to whether WiFi Calling and VoLTE will be supported on the Google Pixel? My Pixel is pretty much useless at home without these features. For a flagship, I am shocked that these features were not offered from the Pixel launch date.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel

Hello @skip501

Unfortunately at this moment there is no word on when VOLTE or WiFi Calling will work on the Pixel devices. Stay tuned and any information I get, I'll post back.

Hi @skip501,

We currently do not have any information on if/when VoLTE and Wifi Calling will be added to Google Pixel. Once we have more information we'll update the Community! Please stay tuned Smiley Happy

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you @RogersZia ...I am just thrilled right now to have this matter as its own discussion thread! That will keep me happy for a few more days while I wait patiently. Cat Very Happy

I'm looking forward to hearing if other community members with Pixels are as anxious for WiFi Calling and VoLTE as I am.

Cheers

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @skip501

My sister has a Pixel XL and is excited but not as much as its not something she will use much. She however wants VOLTE to come. Hopefully it comes soon!
I'm Here A Lot

I just read this article online. I guess it will take a while for VoLTE to come.

http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-control-pixel-updates-isnt-great-everyone

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fengxia

I read that too but I don't believe it will take that long as it took the S6 edge
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is sad that VoLTE and Wifi Calling is not supported from Pixel Launch.  I just hope that Rogers act quickly to support it.  I have used VoLTE on S7E and Note7 and love the voice quality.  Pixel seems like step back on voice calls.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ndy4eva

Many flagship devices don't get that feature at launch. Weeks or months later they do. Even the iPhones as well.

I do agree they should have released it at launch but i guess they are still testing it out.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix,
Yeah, I do understand the certain technology requires more testing to validate full compatibility before rolling-out the feature. I did purchase my Pixel from Rogers and hoped/expected to see VoLTE supported right a way.