cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

skolagotla
I'm here a lot

Does any one on know when is rogers planning to push wi-fi calling feature on Pixel 2 devices ?.

***Edited Labels***

53 REPLIES 53

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

Androidbot
I've been here awhile
I just enabled Wi-Fi calling on Pixel 2, is there indication if I'm on Wi-Fi calling or on mobile network calling? Thanks in advance.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
My phone shows Rogers WIFI at the top left of the lock screen or when you pull down the notification shade.

My phone defaulted to mobile network preferred under the wifi calling settings, so you may want to set wifi preferred.

JKnott
I'm a reliable contributor

@Androidbot wrote:
I just enabled Wi-Fi calling on Pixel 2, is there indication if I'm on Wi-Fi calling or on mobile network calling? Thanks in advance.

On my Pixel 2,  on the phone app, it says WiFi call, next to a WiFi symbol.

Androidbot
I've been here awhile
I can't find Wi-Fi calling anywhere on my screen while in a call or not. Is that supposed to be always on?

JKnott

@Androidbot wrote:
I can't find Wi-Fi calling anywhere on my screen while in a call or not. Is that supposed to be always on?

It's supposed to be on during a WiFi call.  When I place a call over WiFi, it takes a few seconds for it to appear.  Are you sure you have WiFi calling enabled?

Androidbot
I've been here awhile

Yes, that has been enabled with emergency info sent to Rogers. and I finally see Rogers Wi-Fi on my drop down menu today.  Not sure why such a delay, but it's all good, thanks for all your help!

JKnott

There's one thing I was wondering about, HD Voice requires support at both ends of the call.  This means anyone with VoLTE can have a HD call with others on VoLTE, even with other carriers.  What about calls to VoIP over the Internet?  Many VoIP phones now support HD Voice.

Anyone know?

Hello @JKnott,

Thanks for reaching out! I love the clarity of HD voice when I'm calling my friends and family. 

Have you tried making a call to a VOIP number that had HD voice enabled on their end?  My Android device has an HD icon displayed when I'm making a call to a contact that also has HD voice enabled.  Perhaps give it a shot and let us know if you have a similar result? 

Keep us posted! 

RogersShaun

JKnott

@RogersShaun wrote:

Hello @JKnott,

Thanks for reaching out! I love the clarity of HD voice when I'm calling my friends and family. 

Have you tried making a call to a VOIP number that had HD voice enabled on their end?  My Android device has an HD icon displayed when I'm making a call to a contact that also has HD voice enabled.  Perhaps give it a shot and let us know if you have a similar result? 

Keep us posted! 

RogersShaun

I guess I'll have to call someone who has HD Voice.  The only one I know for sure is a friend, who's also on Rogers.  I'll have to find out his cell phone number and try it.  Where do you see the icon?

Hello again @JKnott,

Thank you for your reply!

The HD Voice icon normally appears on the top of your screen (where you would see other icons such as Wi-Fi, Signal or Battery).

Keep the Community updated on your findings and let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude

SH
I've been here awhile

Dear Rogers,

The fact that Wifi Calling is only being guaranteed to users that have purchased their Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL through Rogers makes this a useless service.
There is no such thing as a "Rogers Pixel 2/XL" and as such they should all work.
Make this service fully available to all devices regardless of where is was purchased. If you don't want users to have certain features if the devises are not directly purchased from you, then maybe we should not use your service at all.
I would put this in that same bracket as the updated law about unlocking phones.

MAKE IT WORK FOR ALL!!!

SH
I've been here awhile
Thanks for that.
It's a pretty good idea.
I don't understand their logic in this situation.
They are selling the exact same device that Google has, but telling me that there is nothing they can do if Wifi Calling does not work, because I did not purchase the device from them.
And to make it worse, I am a business customer.
Topic Stats