WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtv12
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

The only kind of video calling right now is duo

Not sure if actual video calling by the carrier like some samsung phones have will be supported

colem
I'm Here A Lot

I'm also getting this Warning message when trying to update the emergency contact info, any workaround?
jon_whitlock
I Plan to Stick Around

Activated on mine today, on oreo 8.1 beta tester it came through and activated fine

cstl3722
I Plan to Stick Around

Video calling is supported, Rogers just needs to turn on the switch... 

It's so annoying when you think that a 3yrs old phone like the LG g4 has this option enabled and not the latest flagship of Google...

InkedScreenshot_20171207-172358_LI.jpg

haroyac
I'm Here A Lot

can you let me know how you got it to work. i am a beta tester as well and i was able to turn wifi calling on. when i click the update emergency info however, it takes me to the same page as the other guys on the forum

wtv12
I Plan to Stick Around

Try it now, it should let you input your emergency address now. If it doesn't, contact Rogers support ( maybe avoid the phone line and just go with chat or Facebook messenger as it'll probably be quicker). That's what I did and they fixed my RCS and wifi calling problems withing one day.
Lantec
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got the 8.1 update today and got the prompt for Wifi calling. When I tried to activate it, the Rogers pages said my device is not eligible? It's a pixel 2 XL from the Google store.
wtv12
I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi calling only works on devices bought from Rogers
frederichoule
I've Been Around

Did anybody with a Rogers-bought Pixel 2 get the 8.1 update?

colem
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I have received the 8.1 update, but I was also in the beta (now on the non-beta 8.1).

I can also confirm that contacting tech support fixed the "emergency contact/ iPhone" prompt and is now working on my device