Wi-fi calling on unlocked Android devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Wi-fi calling on unlocked Android devices

the solution is to go to Freedom or Telus they will support your device. but check before making any move. I had to move to Freedom to keep my Note9 cause Rogers couldn't help me 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My Samsung was bought through Amazon. After I explained to the Rogers rep that I'm diabetic, live in the middle of nowhere with barely a pip for a signal, they still wouldn't set up my phone for wifi calling.  Very sad.  

Highlighted

Hello, @sbmtrst

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to stay connected especially if you live in a rural area that does not have a very strong signal. 

Wi-Fi calling is a great feature for those types of situations. Regrettably, we can only guarantee that features like Wi-Fi Calling will work on devices that have been purchased from Rogers as the features of those devices have been fully tested on our network.

If you would like to see what offers we have on devices that would support Wi-Fi Calling on our network then please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can review your options with you.

Not familiar with your private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony