Why would this happen Rogers VS Bell and Xbox live

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Enthusiast

Why would this happen Rogers VS Bell and Xbox live

So before anyone wastes there time where i live i cant have Broadband only satillite internet which sucks for online gaming so me and my brother we use Mobile hotspots. so anyway i had a Galaxy nexus i got from rogers i used it with my ps3 it worked fine i later gave it to my brother that activated it on bell and i upgraded to the nexus 5 from rogers. He then used the Gnex to play online games with the Xbox 360. and because the phone is old he went and got a new LG G2 from Bell that uses the small SIM cards that even the Nexus 5 uses. But now his 360 wont connect to the mobile hotspot from his new LG G2. My Nexus 5 works with my ps3 and his xbox so i took his SIM card and placed it in my Nexus 5 and his xbox still dont connect to the hotspot. So why is this is there a difference in the small rogers and small bell SIM cards. Why will my Nexus 5 with Rogers SIM card work with the Xbox 360 but when i put his Bell SIm in the xbox wont wanna connect. I called everyone no one know. but maybe someone here does

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Why would this happen Rogers VS Bell and Xbox live

Hello sonyboyj

You need to contact Bell, not Rogers. His phone and sim aren't letting him use the mobile Hotspot with Bell. This need to be resolved via bell.

Rogers plans have hotspot enabled from tge start so u can use it out of the box per say. Maybe Bell doesn't have that and u need to contact them to enable it.

Contact them and see what they say. This would be best to post on their Facebook page.
I'm an Enthusiast

Hi i did contact bell and they dont know whats wrong the hotspot will connect to his laptop and my ps3 but not the xbox. Thought id ask here to see if someone knew as Bell dont have a forums.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sonyboyj

Could it be a setting in the Xbox which isn't letting it work?. Not many use Bell phones here (as this is a Rogers forum...) so maybe either the APN is not set correctly or the xbox is not noticing it. I would contact Microsoft and see what they say. Maybe their techs know more.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, you really need to contact bell again on this.

My first guess, would be that tethering is off?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Bell like some other carriers have tethering off or some plans don't support it unless u add something. ( code mostly internally). Rogers had this a while back but stopped it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, thats what i was wondering.. that maybe for whatever reason, its now off on their plan.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Could well be. The OP has to get his brother or them to call them & see whats going on or contact Microsoft & see what they say.
I'm an Enthusiast

Wouldnt the thethering be on if it connects to the laptop and ps3. its just the xbox that fails. microsoft said hotspots arent supported which is dumb cause the galaxy nexus worked for 6 months and he had a basic LG phone on Koodo for 6 months and it tether perfect. Im thinking maybe the New small SIM card has something the xbox is not compatible with. But even then rogers has the new SIM in the nexus 5.

This hole issue in a big mind racket

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sonyboyj

I doubt it the sim card. The sim card has nothing to do with signals or radios. A sim card only stores numbers and let's the phone connect to the carriers u are with. It has nothing to do with WiFi, Tethering, bluetooth and such.