Voicemail number on KitKat 4.4.4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Voicemail number on KitKat 4.4.4

Hi,

I asked this question in the french forum but I doubt I will get an answer before a few days so I'm asking here.

When I press 1 on my phone I want it to call home where I have an answering machine.  Is that possible?

My plan comes with voicemail but I asked to disable it as I don't use it, I instead transfer call to home.

When I go into Phone menu and select settings, then Voicemailm it list  Service as "My carrier" and there is no other option.  If I click Setup, I see the Voicemail number "Not set".  When I click to add my home number, it does not accept it.

With my previous non-intelligent phone, I only had to press 1 then Dial to call home.

***Edited Labels.***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Voicemail number on KitKat 4.4.4

Is anyone else getting angry at Rogers for not providign a voice mail solution for Andriod. In this day and age how can i not know that I have a voice mail. Tried the visual VM app and it was crap but I tried to re-install it becaues I am sick of missing messages but its not even there anymore.

One Number is not any better, i need to use it because I do not have cell reception at my house in the middle of Mississauga. But man what another complete piece of crap provided by Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 354654654654654

Rogers discontinued the Rogers VVM App after the 4.2 update. The app was not working properly most of the times & caused issues.

Rogers offers Premium voice mail to text service
I Plan to Stick Around

Agree that VVM was a bad idea, or was not implemented as needed. 

Premium voice mail to text - two problems. First - it is "premium", don't we are paying high enough. Second - Canada has so many nationalities. Yes, official it is English or French, but in reality we speak so many different languages and dialects…..