Voicemail Notification Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Voicemail Notification Issue

I'm having the same problem as the original poster - I have a voicemail notification that I cannot get rid of.  What can be done to fix this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @morgan2

Which device do u have? Mine did it on my G4 and some of my Samsung devices. I'll walk u through it but need to know which device u have.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

My phone is an aging Nexus 5.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @morgan2

Follow the steps on the link below. That should help u Smiley Happy

http://www.thecellguide.com/nexus5xstuckvm.php
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, Meowmix. I left myself a new message and that worked.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @morgan2

You are welcome! Glad that worked!!
I've Been Around

Persistent voicemail notification

I keep getting a notification that I have a voicemail, but when I call into my voicemail I do not have any new voicemails. I have called Rogers about this several times, which resulted in me deleting all the voicemails out of my mailbox, hitting * to end the voicemail call and eventually them resetting my voicemail on their end. I would appreciate it if this didn't keep happening over and over again. Is there anything I can do on my end other than the steps mentioned above? 

Hello @BlueSkiesTruth!

Welcome to our Community!

I've deal with this type of issue many times over during my career here at Rogers so I know all too well how frustrating it can be. It should typically be a simple fix but if it's happening repeatedly, we may need to escalate a case to investigate why it keeps reoccurring.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so I can look into this for you. I'll need to gather your account information in private so I can run some tests.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Resetting the Android phone app cache and files only worked for me until I rebooted, then the voicemail notification would pop back up again. I had to contact Rogers support to fix it.

Via online chat they explained that somehow there were 2 voicemail accounts connected to the same phone number. Something wack must have happened when I switched to my new Pixel 3. They deleted both and restarted me with a fresh voicemail account. Fast and easy. I LOVE Rogers online chat support!