Voicemail Notification Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Voicemail Notification Issue

I am getting the Voicemail Notification every time I switch the phone on.  When i dial it, it says I have no voicemail messages.

I have read all over forums on the Interweb about this problem but no solution solves my phone issue.

Anyone got nay ideas?

Cheers,

Jim

***Edited Labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Voicemail Notification Issue

Hello Sorbz62

It does seem to be a big issue. Have you tried contacting Rogers & seeing if they can refresh your account to see if that will fix it? Have you also tried checking into the settings under the phone / Voicemail app & see if you can clear the cache as that has always helped me. Also have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that fixes it?
Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sorbz62 ,

Sorry to hear about your voicemail notification issues. Smiley Sad

Was it working prior? When did this start happening?

Were you able to get the issue resolved? If not I can have someone PM you to further assist.

Let us know either way. Thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks very much mate.

Yes, I am still getting the voicemail notification whenever I switch the phone on and when I call thee is no voicemail.  I have to go into the phone app and clear data every time.

Maybe the voicemail marker in my account at your end is stuck on or corrupted??

Yes please, can you get someone to PM me.

Cheers,

Jim

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

@Sorbz62 , Ok I understand. I thank you for replying.

I am going to have someone send you a PM and take a closer look into this for you.

Please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Cheers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks,

I've replied.
I'm Here A Lot

Voicemail notifications not working on Nexus 6p 6.0.1

Anyone else have this issue?

I can dial into my VM and check messages... but have no notification anywhere on the phone to tell me i have messages waiting... I have the enhanced VM service.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @stego

Have you received voicemail notifications in the past or has this been an issue since you got the device?

RogersSanneca

I'm Here A Lot

@RogersSannecia I came from a blackberry Z10 and VM was working perfectly. Only since switching to Nexus 6p haver i been having this issue.

I did have to contact Rogers to have my VM password reset for some reason, since my VM password wasnt working. I can login to my VM and check messages, but still no notification on my nexus 6p.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@stego

That's odd. Generally as long as the Voicemail retrieval number is programmed in the device, the indicator should be working.

There is some troubleshooting we do on our end in situations like this. Such as, re-instating the voicemail box, refreshing the network profiles. Can you confirm if this has been attempted yet?

RogersAsif