cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE not Working for non-Rogers Device

bp78
I've Been Here Awhile

I have Samsung A8 that support VoLTE when I put koodo SIM on it , but as soon as I put Roger's SIM card it not showing VoLTE option under setting >>Mobile networks.
Question: Roger's only offer VoLTE only Roger's phone ? Why VoLTE not offer on other VoLTE supported phone?

*** Added Labels *** 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: VoLTE not Working for non-Rogers Device

RogersTony

Hello @bp78,

Thanks so much for posting your concern in the Community!

VoLTE is a really great feature so I am not surprised you want to take advantage of all the great functionality and clear voice quality.   I wish I had better news for you but we cannot guarantee VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling features will work on non-Rogers branded devices because they have not been tested on our network.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping to hear. =(

RogersTony

daniel10
I Plan to Stick Around
Such bull poo, the devices you buy from the manufacturer is the same as Roger's gets! Roger's blocks it so you have to buy from them.

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Koodo's page listed Samsung A8 as an supported device for VoLTE.  However, I don't see it listed on Rogers' page. 

bp78
I've Been Here Awhile
SAMSUNG A8 support VoLTE .
Roger only offer VoLTE to only Roger device that must be purchase from Roger only.
Non Roger device will not get VoLTE!!
In short VoLTE is not for all customers. Only selected model and must be get from Roger. If you buy direct from Samsung or other place will not support VoLTE with Roger.

I though it suppose to work any VoLTE supported device but I was wrong. They still have monopoly to force customers to buy from them to get it work.

zxa
I'm Here A Lot

instead of argue with rogers...just switch provider and you will have all these feature.....

Mathsss81
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it now possible to use non-Rogers Samsung devices (models that Rogers sale or sold in the past) bought from Samsung OR other stores OR pre-owned devices bought from another carrier let say and use VoLTE and Wifi calling after installing up to date Rogers CSC version of the OS ?

kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around
And how the heck is a regular non-techie customer supposed to do that? Foolishness!

Hi guys!

I just switched to Rogers, and found out the hard way that my Galaxy Note9 could not use VoLTE/WiFi with Rogers.

I have 2 devices: a Note9 and an iPhone 13 Pro. Both services work great with the iPhone, but not with the Samsung.

When I pop the SIM card in the Samsung, VoLTE/WiFi work, because Rogers still think the SIM card is in the iPhone. I can call people, everything is great. However, a few minutes later, both get turned off, and I'm unable to use either VoLTE or VoWiFi anymore.

If I try turning VoWiFi back on, I get a Rogers webpage saying "Unfortunately your device isn't eligible for Rogers Wi-Fi Calling."

To get them working again, I have to put the SIM card back into the iPhone.

How is this legal? Why do Rogers purposefully prevent people from using those 2 services?

Both Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE used to work perfectly fine with Bell and Telus.

Is there any way to get things working?

Thanks, Max.

Ngocphi
I Plan to Stick Around
It's not on Rogers.

When you buy a device from another carrier and want a certain feature you MUST use the band's that they supporr
It may support their LTE but they may not support their Volte on Rogers or telus;s band

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a thread on Fido forum, in which the person claimed that "IMEI can be added by Tier 2 Rogers, and mine was just today. I have VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling enabled!"  So try contacting tech support and see if they would enable IMEI for your phone.

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor
If you have a CANADIAN Samsung device from any Canadian carrier, you can also type this in the dialer and change your CSC to Rogers (RWC).
*#272*YOUR-IMEI-NUMBER#
Obviously replace “your-imei-number” with your actual IMEI.

NOTE: BACK UP YOUR DEVICE FIRST. I am pretty sure a CSC change wipes your phone.

Then wifi calling and Volte should work.

You need to install Rogers firmware by choosing their CSC (check @GibMcFragger’s post above me for how-to). Then, just call Rogers tech support to have your IMEI added to your account (when a customer brings their own phone, the IMEI entered is 1111111111111111)
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max (from the Apple Store) and my partner still uses a Note 9 from Telus (before we switched), that’s exactly what we did and the Note 9 works really well with Rogers’ VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. With my iPhone, it just worked out of the box.

Rochie
I've Been Here Awhile

Recently travelled to the US to a few cities in several states over 10 days.  Once I got there I realized my phone line was not working. Spent 3 hours trying to contact customer service. My phone calls were all being dropped. Finally used my husband's phone (iPhone using FIDO) which worked great.  I tried chatting and calling. I finally got through to technical support and they disconnect me or transferred me to a que without letting me know. I finally talked to a manager.  Each staff passed the buck and lied.  Bottom line, they would not send me a new SIM card in the US for some reason and they would not activate me to use my phone on Volte because it was not their phone.  Very upsetting.  They told me it was my phone, yet when I switched SIM cards with my husband, my phone worked...then icing on the cake I get a text 5 days later telling me there is no problem.  I spend hours on the phone with them troubleshooting to death and they would not tell me why they couldn't activate my volte in the US.  My phone has the capability yet they won't allow it to be used.

I've been with Rogers for a very, very long time so I am upset. Imagine travelling without phone service. It's 2022!

on their site they state switching to another provider will not solve the problem...it actually is a lie.

They make it very difficult for customers to figure this out.  You have the ask a lot of questions and speak to the right rep. who is honest.  They try to tell you it's the phone and want you to buy a phone through them.  I was told by 3 reps there are no blocks on my phone...I could not use it in the US. A 2019 phone.  Not cool.

I researched and discovered that many customers are experiencing the same road blocks. Telus is not doing this nor is Fido (odd because it's owned by Rogers)

I will be lodging a complaint with the CRTC and I suggest ALL customers who are using their own phones to complaint. 

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 in conversation