VoLTE not Working for non-Rogers Device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bp78
I've Been Here Awhile

VoLTE not Working for non-Rogers Device

I have Samsung A8 that support VoLTE when I put koodo SIM on it , but as soon as I put Roger's SIM card it not showing VoLTE option under setting >>Mobile networks.
Question: Roger's only offer VoLTE only Roger's phone ? Why VoLTE not offer on other VoLTE supported phone?

*** Added Labels *** 

RogersTony

Re: VoLTE not Working for non-Rogers Device

Hello @bp78,

Thanks so much for posting your concern in the Community!

VoLTE is a really great feature so I am not surprised you want to take advantage of all the great functionality and clear voice quality.   I wish I had better news for you but we cannot guarantee VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling features will work on non-Rogers branded devices because they have not been tested on our network.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping to hear. =(

RogersTony

daniel10
I Plan to Stick Around

Such bull poo, the devices you buy from the manufacturer is the same as Roger's gets! Roger's blocks it so you have to buy from them.
rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Koodo's page listed Samsung A8 as an supported device for VoLTE.  However, I don't see it listed on Rogers' page. 

bp78
I've Been Here Awhile

SAMSUNG A8 support VoLTE .
Roger only offer VoLTE to only Roger device that must be purchase from Roger only.
Non Roger device will not get VoLTE!!
In short VoLTE is not for all customers. Only selected model and must be get from Roger. If you buy direct from Samsung or other place will not support VoLTE with Roger.

I though it suppose to work any VoLTE supported device but I was wrong. They still have monopoly to force customers to buy from them to get it work.
zxa
I'm Here A Lot

instead of argue with rogers...just switch provider and you will have all these feature.....

Mathsss81
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it now possible to use non-Rogers Samsung devices (models that Rogers sale or sold in the past) bought from Samsung OR other stores OR pre-owned devices bought from another carrier let say and use VoLTE and Wifi calling after installing up to date Rogers CSC version of the OS ?

kingsclear
I Plan to Stick Around

And how the heck is a regular non-techie customer supposed to do that? Foolishness!