cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE and Wifi Calling Note 7

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor

Both were working fine since I got the phone Tuesday. Today when I make a call it goes back to 4G and Wifi Calling indicator isn't coming in on the status bar. Yes both functions are set to on. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this today. I'm in the Ottawa area

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VOLTE and Wifi Calling Note 7

Dx9
Well that's crazy. A factory reset worked. Set up the phone as new so i have to start all over again. Sucks thatch already needed tl factory reset only after a couple days to fix this issue

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

VOLTE and Wifi Calling Note 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Dx9

Have you tried calling Rogers to see if there is a report with them? Have u tried to do a factory reset on the device?

Dx9
Tech support had to escalate the issue. They refreshed the network etc and everything is OK in my account. Don't want to do a factory reset. Doubt it will help?

Dx9
Well that's crazy. A factory reset worked. Set up the phone as new so i have to start all over again. Sucks thatch already needed tl factory reset only after a couple days to fix this issue

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
Weird. Just got off of the phone with Rogers tech support and I was told that the note 7 has not yet been added to the VoLTE supported list and that's why my VoLTE is not working. I told the guy it worked just fine on day one but by then even I was doubting it. Thanks for confirming this for me. So you're saying that you got VoLTE working again after a factory reset?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello Mrnovanova

This is weird a well. WiFi Calling is enabled but VOLTE isn't anywhere. Tried calling and changes to 4G. Hmm what has Rogers done now.

Good morning folks!

If you're experiencing this issue, please attempt a factory reset and report back whether or not this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, please PM us @CommunityHelps and we will escalate if necessary.

RogersCorey

Dx9
Both VOLTE and Wifi Calling are working here as of right now still

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Mine works on and off for VOLTE. Doesn't bother me seeing as i have WiFi Calling lol

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix My VoLTE has been out for a while now. I've had an open ticket for about 9 days and was supposed to get a call back within 72h. I called today and was told it was a know issue with the note 7. The agent could not give me an eta and told me I would be contacted once it is resolved. Since I have 0 trust in Rogers and I do in you, are you able to confirm that it is indeed a known issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

Indeed it is a issue with the Note 7 as i was told the same thing from a senior manager when I opened my ticket up as well. I wanted to confirm it and my gf called and was told it's her account but then spoke to someone higher a d low and behold it was a issue. Now again without any official word, nothing is concrete.
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation