Using soluto to transfer stuff from old phone to new phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cincisa
I've Been Here Awhile

Using soluto to transfer stuff from old phone to new phone

The screen on my old Samsung Galaxy S4 is broken and I have a replacment one. I want to transfer everything (texts, contact info, photos etc...) to my new phone. I have soluto set up on both phones. What can I do? Please help! I find the soluto website totally useless!

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Using soluto to transfer stuff from old phone to new phone

All Replies
RogersZia

Hi @cincisa,

Welcome to the Community!

You can use the sync process to upgrade your phone by transferring contacts from the old phone to a new phone. To transfer contacts from an old phone to a new phone:

1. Launch Soluto on your old phone and perform a sync from the main menu. This backs up your contacts onto the Soluto server.
  2. Download Soluto to your new supported phone and complete the setup process.
  3. At the end of the installation process, click Scan For Threats & Restore Contacts and then click Restore Contacts Only to complete the transfer to your new phone. This restores your contacts from the Soluto server to your new phone.

However since you do have an android device, you could also check out  How To: Back Up and Restore your Samsung Devices. To download Samsung Smart Switch please refer to the link here.

RogersZia

cincisa
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersZia ,

I cannot launch soluto on my old phone because the screen is broken/completely black. Any advice?
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor