cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Counter Not Resetting on Nexus 6

maxou723
I plan to stick around

Ever since my last statement billing (Sept. 18th) the next day I was getting the over specified limit message on my Nexus 6 (Motorola).  I've modified with the data usage settings to see if there was anything to make the message disappear and nothing works.  I have 6GB a month and I'm only at 865MB since my last billing but it's just like something at Rogers end didn't get reset...

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Usage Counter Not Resetting on Nexus 6

maxou723
I plan to stick around
10 REPLIES 10

maxou723
I plan to stick around

it isn't the rogers app that is not updating correctly. It's my android phone!  It's the one always telling me that I am over my data. 

Hi @maxou723,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you please post a screentshot of your data settings and usage counter? Just make sure the image does not contain any personal info :).

RogersZia

maxou723
I plan to stick around

Hi are screenshots from my phone:

The firs tis the usage from the settings from the phone.  The second is from the Rogers app and the third is the constant message that I am getting on my phone that makes it seem I am over my limit.

Screenshot_20160925-065158.pngScreenshot_20160925-065158.pngScreenshot_20160925-065220 (1).png

Hello, @maxou723

Thank you for the screenshots. The second image was not approved due to privacy reasons, it has your phone number in it. 

The third image shows the warning you are getting, is it always 875 MB? Have you tried powering off the phone yet? You can also try toggling the data off and on and data limit off and on. 

@Community - any Nexus 6 users has any input for this issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

maxou723
I plan to stick around

Hi,

is it always 875 MB?

No it keeps incrementing as I use my phone

Have you tried powering off the phone yet?

Yes multiple times I've powered on and off, just haven't done a factory reset (not the option I wanna do!)

You can also try toggling the data off and on and data limit off and on. 

I tried toggling the limits on and off, as well as the cellular data, and no change.

maxou723
I plan to stick around
I've read of people having the same issue on Verizon and the only way to fix this was to replace the sim card? Any idea if this might work?

Hello, @maxou723

Have you tried changing the date yet? Currently, per 3rd image, it's set to begin the month on 19th. Please pick another date and see if it helps and later on you can switch back to the correct date. As for replacing the SIM card, I believe we should give it try and it may help. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

RogersMoin

maxou723
I plan to stick around

yup tried changing the date and waiting till the next day but still didn't work.

maxou723
I plan to stick around

ok so just found something on a REDDIT forum and then watched the youtube video and it worked!

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Status%20Prior...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp_BY7l8ndA

Hello, @maxou723

I'm very glad you were able to resolve the issue and thank you for posting the links. It will definitely help the other members with a similar issue. Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation