cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from EMUI 8.1 to 9.0 (Huawei P20 Pro)

Leadfoot69
I've been here awhile

I just got 3 of the p20pro 1 week ago and all 3 did some updates the 1st day. But still on 8.1 and Sept security updates. They did download a 9.0 update but when try to install that it gave a authentication error and deleted the update and now says there is no update. And why is the wifi calling still not working on these models with Rogers everyone else has it. ***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Upgrade from EMUI 8.1 to 9.0 (Huawei P20 Pro)

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Leadfoot69!

I can totally understand wanting to ensure your device is as up to date as possible! You can find our OS update schedule "here."
I haven't encountered the authentication error myself, perhaps others in our community may be able to shed some light on that. If you're unable to push the update through I would definitely recommend taking the phone into your nearest Rogers Plus so they can run a diagnostic on it. This is a relatively new update though so it's possible within a few days it may become available to you again.

@RogersAndy

Hi All,

I have HUAWEI P20 pro and got an OTA for EMUI 9.0 about 4 weeks ago.  However, like everyone faced issued with GPS and had to revert back to EMUI 8.1.  I used HISUITE from HUAWEI to revert back.

Now, I know the GPS fix is coming March 21 update and wanted to update to EMUI 9.0 in the mean time.  I could use GPS if I do fresh restart everytime I need to use GPS.

Anyway, neither the automatic system update on the phone or HISUITE show availability of EMUI 9.0.  They keep saying I have the latest sw available.

Coming March 21, would I get an update automatically?  That also includes EMUI 9.0?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Good evening @ganesh_youtube,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I understand your desire to ensure your device is on the most recent update available, while making sure all your phone's features are functional.

Updates are rolled out in batches and you should see a prompt when a new Android version is made available to your phone.

HiSuite Android Smart Device Manager remains your best tool to use when it comes to updates on Huawei devices.

At this time, the update being made available is the February Security one, but keep an eye on the OS Upgrade Schedule for more information.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Leadfoot69
I've been here awhile
Man I'm regretting being a Roger's wireless customer. Hi prices and no upgrades on new phones. Still no pie update even know its been out for like 9 months now. Still on September security patch at the end of March. . .
And turn on the wifi calling already as reception sucks in my neighborhood.

Hello, @Leadfoot69.

I can appreciate your position; taking this long for your device to receive the upgrade can be disappointing.

Have you tried the HiSuite application to check if the upgrade is available?

We can submit a ticket for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

garenic
I'm here a lot

I did my upgrade a while back and did not realize for some time that it was the 9.0 that essentially rendered my GPS useless. Constant "GPS signal lost". I rolled back to 8.1 and GPS is fully functional again. 

For me the prompts to upgrade again to 9.0 came quickly and in fact are a daily annoyance because I refuse to upgrade until I am assured the GPS will function properly. 

If anyone has experienced the same and can report the new version of 9.0 works flawlessly, then I might be inclined to try it. 

Leadfoot69
I've been here awhile
I finally got the pie update a week ago and GPS seems to be working OK on mine with no issues to report yet.

Good to hear. Please reply if it starts to act erratic. Signal lost or thinks you're on a different street. I'll wait another week or so before I jump in.

So I decided to try the upgrade again last night and today it was soon apparent the GPS was just as bad as before. It would lazily follow my location and wander off into backyards and neighbouring streets. Not what GPS should do, and not the way it behaved before the upgrade.

Back to 8.1

I Cannot understand why this is happening when it appears to only affect a small percentage of users. Because I can't imagine anyone accepting GPS operating in this way.

Leadfoot69
I've been here awhile
Sorry to hear that. Mine works fine no problems.
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation