cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock S7 Edge from another carrier

billsbury
I'm here a lot

I got the S7 Edge from Bell in March. It was never used/activated. (Basically I swapped with my Dad at the store when he signed up with Bell - he never inserted the Bell SIM). I inserted my Rogers SIM thereby locking it to Rogers. It works perfectly fine.

But I'm trying to unlock the phone now through a third party. They say they cannot find my IMEI under Rogers. They are now checking under Bell (waiting to hear back). My question is, is a phone locked to the carrier of the SIM or the carrier from whom you purchased the phone? Who would provide the unlock code?

Thanks for any insight!

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unlock S7 Edge from another carrier

RogersMoin

Hello, @billsbury

Thank you for posting your interesting query in the Community. The carrier from whom the phone was purchased will provide the unlock code.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMoin

Hello, @billsbury

Thank you for posting your interesting query in the Community. The carrier from whom the phone was purchased will provide the unlock code.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thanks for info and the quick reply! 🙂

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

You can know imei number by *#06#.

You can also find imei number on your mobile box and also on your mobile bill.

If you do not have any due amout than you can get unlock code from carrier with whom your mobile locked and you purchased like you have puchased bell locked mobile then you get unlock code from bell.

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

Normally carrier from whom you purchase phone on discount or emi base  lock mobile. Here your samsung mobile work fine with roger so it is locked with roger.

Now imei you can find yourself and provide it to third party for unlocking. It may possible that you have dual sim and so you have two imei number provide master sim slot imei number for unlock code.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation