Unfortunately {Adapt Sound, Remore Controls, SIM Change Alert} has stopped

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately {Adapt Sound, Remore Controls, SIM Change Alert} has stopped

Samsung S4 mini Android 4.4.2, i257MVLUBNG2

I was working thru all the options, i came to three settings where i get the Unfortunately Has Stopped response ...

1. Settings | my device | call | personalize call sound | adapt sound

Unfortunately process com.android.phone has stopped

2. settings | more | security | remote controls

Unfortunately settings has stopped

3. settings | more | security | SIM change alert

Unfortunately settings has stopped

I restarted [not factory reset] the phone and get the same result.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Unfortunately {Adapt Sound, Remore Controls, SIM Change Alert} has stopped

Hi @mdawdy

Thank you for your post it seems like there's an application on your Samsung S4 Mini that maybe causing the OS to crash when you enter these options. You can go to Settings > Apps and find the app in question and force stop it. Or go into settings > application manger > all > and clear data on contact and contact storage in app manager. Or All Apps > Media Storage > Disable (if enabled) > Force Close or Enable if Disabled, Force Close and Enable again. Reboot your phone hopefully you can avoid a factory reset.

Hope this helps
RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the reply. I tried a couple of your suggestions with no good fortune. Finding the offending app i expect would be quite tedious. This is not important enough for me to persue further. I only tried those options because they are there, not because i needed them. So i will let this pass unless something important to me is affected.

TQVM,

Mick

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @mdawdy/Mick,

Did you ever get settings to stop force closing?

Hopefully this didn't spread to things that you do require to function.

A lot of times factory reset is advised because it clears up any cache or the culprit file(s) sitting around. (files that aren't being used by any apps but interfere).

Just wanted to check in with you 🙂

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

I decided to not persue the matter as i indicated in my previous post. There is too much work to do after a factory reset, even if a complete backup is done first. It would have been interesting to persue but life is "encouraging" me to do other things 🙂

Thank you for your interest,

Mick

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hello @mdawdy/Mick,

Touché. Life encouragement is definitely supported! 😄

I wanted to suggest you, and any other Community Forums members, Samsung's official Smart Switch desktop & mobile app. It backs up most data which includes app data as well (Samsung Kies didn't do this prior); might be handy for future reference. Especially if upgrading to another Samsung Galaxy device (It can do device to device transfer).

And thanks for the update!

Cheers,

RogersShakir

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation