cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message Notifications

G_Thompson
I've been here awhile

Samsung A8 - I am not getting notification of texts received from one of my contacts. There is a bell icon with a diagonal line through it next to her name on the conversation page. I have checked her details but can't see anything difference in setup from my other contacts. She is my pet sitter so her texts would be pretty urgent. I do receive notifications for all of my other contacts.

I would appreciate help/advice on this. It's starting to drive me a bit crazy.

Thanks

:O)

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Text Message Notifications

G_Thompson
I've been here awhile
Hi

The bell icon is not clickable.

The notification options on the menu are 'custom' or 'default'. I tried both and still received no notifications.

I have resolved the problem by deleting all texts and details of this contact. After adding again I am receiving notifications.

Thanks for your quick response.

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMaude

Good evening @G_Thompson,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

Making sure you're notified when someone messages you is really important.

We therefore want to make sure you're able to bring the necessary changes to your Samsung device.

From the information you provided us, it appears that this contact may have been set to "Do not disturb" based on the "bell icon with a diagonal line through it" beside the contact.

Are you able to click on that icon to modify that setting?

To bring changes to this go to SettingsDeviceSounds and notificationsDo not disturb.

From there you can set a From and To time in which to block these notifications but you can also allow notifications through from certain contacts that you don’t mind bothering you.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

G_Thompson
I've been here awhile
Hi

The bell icon is not clickable.

The notification options on the menu are 'custom' or 'default'. I tried both and still received no notifications.

I have resolved the problem by deleting all texts and details of this contact. After adding again I am receiving notifications.

Thanks for your quick response.

Much appreciated.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation