Switched from iPhone to android and text messages not showing up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Switched from iPhone to android and text messages not showing up

I have recently switched from the iPhone to a samsung galaxy 4mini. My iPhone was busted so I got a new phone. When someone I know sends me a text it still says I am on I message but I am not, so I am not getting any texts from friends or family who have iPhones. How do I fix this without my friends having to manually switch in the settings to turn off iMessage?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Switched from iPhone to android and text messages not showing up

Hello @Boothes

Are you receiving them under iMessage on your iPhone 4?. If you are, that's the reason. You need to turn off iMessage and release your account from it in order to continue to receive those messages on your new phone. Here is the link from Apple to deregister your number from iMessage

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessaged

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

This is a known bug that Apple has publicly stated they're going to fix (after being sued), but for now, I think your only option is to put your SIM back into the iPhone, turn off imessage and send a text from the phone so Apple registers it.  Then switch back  to your galaxy.  Otherwise, you can try calling apple support to see what they can do.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently switched from an I-Phone to a Moto G and just moved over the SIM card. Everything is working fine except text messaging. I can send messages but not receive them. Any tips on how to fix this?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the information. Does this mean I can only text people who are on Androids?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wendyweb

No but you may need to log into a Apple device and out back your sim card into a Apple device and turn off iMessage and that will fix it for the time being.

If you can't do that, then see if u can do that at a Apple store. Explain what is goingon.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Actually Apple has just changed this they have posted a link on their site to allow you to unregister form your apple ID without having the phone anymore. 

Here is the URL

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Oh almost forgot, just make sure you use your cell number at the bottom of the page and then the code they text you enter it in at the bottom of the page and hit submit, and voila Unregistered! This stops the iMessage issues.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also you can log into icloud and turn it off that way as well
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I upgraded to a Samsung S4 recently—new SIM card and everything, and I've got my same number—but my old iPhone 4 is still receiving my text messages (and I took the SIM card out of that phone). Most of my texts go through fine on my new phone, but there's still texts messages from contacts that go directly to my old phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Boothes

Are you receiving them under iMessage on your iPhone 4?. If you are, that's the reason. You need to turn off iMessage and release your account from it in order to continue to receive those messages on your new phone. Here is the link from Apple to deregister your number from iMessage

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessaged

View solution in original post