Suretap not working on Galaxy S7

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Suretap not working on Galaxy S7

That shouldn't be it. I installed the latest version from the play store on my S7 Edge, and logged in and loaded my CC fine.

It worked twice now. I logged in fine right after I got this phone, then I did a factory reset after the last OS update, reinstalled everything and it logged in fine again.

You don't have anything disabled with Package Disabler by chance, do you?
JC_YYC
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, nothing disabled on my S7.
GibMcFragger

Hmm. I don't know then. I remember I had serious issues getting it to work originally on my S6 Edge+. It finally worked after an app update.

I honestly think the only reason it's working on my S7E is that my CC is already stored on my SIM card from the last phone. I think if I tried to add it, the app would crash like it does for you.

Actually. I remember it not showing and Credit Cards for me at first either. It only showed gift cards. I force closed it, cleared the app data/cache, and it worked after that.

JC_YYC
I Plan to Stick Around

It is working now, at least with the CIBC CC. No success with the Rogers MC.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7nbSeZte62cjBWSU1PQy13ZG8/view?usp=drivesdk

I worked it out first registering with the CIBC mobile payment app, and after having it working there it just showed up in Suretap.

Thank you all for your help

View solution in original post

GibMcFragger

Awesome! I forgot that CIBC has it's own app.

Glad you got it sorted.
BuddyRich
I'm Here A Lot

Suretap/NFC SIM and Samsung S7

I recently got a new Samsung S7 and Im having a heck of a time getting this working.  It should be so simple yet for whatever reason its not.  I wonder if Apple Pay has these same issues?

So the first thing I checked was if my current SIM was an NFC SIM.  I called 2 different times and got confirmation that my current SIM was an NFC SIM.

So I go ahead and try the CIBC mobile payments app.  It allows me to try and register but with the app you need to call CIBC and have them push your CC details to you. 

After getting CIBC to push my CC details to my phone , after a few minutes I must have received the push but I get an error notification saying there's something wrong with the phone, potentially the SIM , from the CIBC app.  Afterwards I also tried the UGO wallet app and also had issues. (I have a PCF Mastercard that can use UGO).  It also suggested SIM issues (or Phone/OS or phone account - way to narrow it down UGO).

So I called support a 3rd time and this time the rep said my SIM was not in fact suretap enabled, they'd mail me one...  great...

So anyway about 4 hours after that call, my phone stops working and I have an unregistered SIM.  They'd mail me a new SIM but no one said anything about disabling my current one before I get my new one!

So next day I go to a Rogers store and they get me a new SIM, which the rep tells me is also not suretap enabled, but gets me going.  Strange thing is, when I try the CIBC app it specifically detects that I don't have an NFC SIM right off the bat and cant proceed.  Before it must have detected an NFC SIM and had me proceed to call CIBC to get the CC details pushed to me.  So the initial two reps may have been right after all, I might have already had an NFC SIM, though something else must have been an issue.

So cut to yesterday and I get a UPS delivery of a new SIM.  It looks an awful lot like my old SIM (theres no suretap branding on the card like on the suretap area of this website - its just a Rogers multiSIM card, copyright 2015 on the sim card overcard, nothing specifically to indicate its NFC capable). 

Figuring there was a screwup and I was mailed the wrong card, and looking to switch it for a suretap SIM, I went to another rogers store today and was told it should be suretap enabled, they've dropped the branding, they don't have suretap SIM cards anymore, but the one I had should work.  I had my doubts but left.

Anyway I come home and decide to try it out, except I can't activate the SIM online.  It keeps saying SIM update failed even though Ive checked the SIM serial nos multiple times.  I figure because this new SIM was "activated" before it was mailed to me (unactivating my old SIM in the process), so when I got my new temporary SIM at the store, it actually deactivated this new SIM that was in the mail as that was the SIM that would have been tied to my phone at the time.

So I guess my question is, is there anyway I can register this new SIM or is permanently deactivated now (ive always heard SIMs are useless after they've been deactivated).  And if so, should I bother?  Does anyone know if the Roger's Multi-SIM they are giving out is NFC enabled or is there still a suretap branded SIM out there that I'll need and this is the wrong SIM anyway?