Suretap and Note 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Suretap and Note 5

Has anyone that uses Suretap and upgraded their phone to a Note 5 and got Suretap to register successfully?

Off-Topic: Does anyone know that those tweezer looking thing and small plastic rods thats included on the Note 5 box?

***Edit Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Suretap and Note 5

Hello @Gregole

Those tweezer things are for the tip of the S-Pen.

As for SureTap, have you contacted SureTap department to see if yours have registered? Mine did on my demo unit.
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I contact the Suretap Department?  I tried going to the suretap website and it seems like Note 5 isnt supported according to the site.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

Hmm then it might not be ( Mine is a demo unit). You have to contact Rogers at *611 & ask to speak to a SureTap customer service rep, They will trasnsfer you to them & see what they can do.

Reading the site the Note 5 is not listed on their but sometimes they do not list the devices that work or update the page
I Plan to Stick Around

Was able to contact them thru phone and even they could figure out why my phone fails to register and they are going to escalate it to their IT department.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

If it fails, there is a few things.

- Device is not from Rogers & its unlocked
- Device is not compatible for this feature
- Sim card is not a SureTap sim card
- Device is not listed on Rogers website or is not supported yet for SureTap
- SureTap IT department will try & fix the account & IMEI number to make it work which can take 1-2 weeks.
I Plan to Stick Around

When I called them, they said it themselves that Note 5 is supported.  The only thing that would apply to me is the last part.  1-2 weeks isn't that long of a time to wait for a fix hopefully...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

Well then just wait until they contact you back via email or phone call & hopefully it works out!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Gregole

Was having similar problem as you with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 this past spring.  Also Rogers Suretap It department could not figure it out,  took. 4 weeks to hear back from them.  Therefore I decided to try my bank app which has same features and was having same issue as Suretap,  although my bank IT department asked me to register on the 4g network and not the LTE network as they stated Rogers has issues on the LTE network according to their many customers who have Rogers as their carrier. 

Therefore try to register on the 4G network by going into Settings-more networks - mobile networks - network mode- and select GSM/HSPA (auto connect)  if successful then go back and change back to LTE network after you have registered. 

Good Luck hope it works for you. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mike3023

Thanks for the tips!! The SureTap department does advice that trying it on the 4G network should fix it.

Hope the OP has it resolved!
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation