Suretap and Note 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Suretap and Note 5

Replaced the SIM. Same issue. I give up. It's not worth the headache.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Gave up too huh?  I haven't heard a peep from sure tap customer reps for 1-2 weeks now and I'm assuming that they can't fix my problem.  Maybe I will have better luck with Samsung pay or android pay if it's ever released in Canada. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke with Suretap support this past week, he explained to me that if your carrier is Rogers and you have a Note 5,suretap will not work no matter what you try. Even trying to register over 4g network. Asked him if Note 5 had issues with other carriers Bell and Telus and was told they have no issues and all works. I really don't know if I believe that? I love Rogers and their services as I have 4 services with Rogers, but lately suretap, Rogers home edition and lollipop 5.1 issues, and even lollipop 5.1.1. update for my wifes note 4 is making me question why all these issues with Rogers?
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh! I just tried registering again today just for giggle and now it says registration was successful.  Now I just have to wait for Scotiabank to support Note 5

Nice! Did you do anything differently?

Ok. I reenabled all the Samsung bloat I disabled with Package Disabler Pro (maybe something was disabled that was need for Suretap), and switched to 4g. Let's give it one more go.

I Plan to Stick Around

For me, I used LTE. I was wondering if they are still trying to fix it as i havent received any status so last monday i re registered again (force stop+ delete data/ cache+ uninstall then reinstall).
I've Been Around

I have Note 5, and no luck so far in registering Suretap. I have contacted Suretap support but no response yet.

Update for everyone: I emailed Suretap a few days ago and finally heard back. She said there is an issue with the S6 series and Note 5 and Suretap. It's a ROGERS issue, and Rogers is trying to figure it out. They don't know what the issue is yet, so there is no ETA on the fix. She told me that she put me on the email list to notify me once they figure it out.

I'll let you all know once I hear something further. Smiley Happy

Fixed! See my thread.