Supposed to have premium voicemail to text but it isn't working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Supposed to have premium voicemail to text but it isn't working

My husband and I got Samsung Galaxy S5s in December and have been paying for a value pack on each of them that is supposed to include premium voicemail to text. It isn't working for either of us so I've been trying to find out if there is something I need to do to set it up. An article says it will automatically work as long as we have our voicemail set up, which we do. Anyone know if there's something else I need to do?  

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Supposed to have premium voicemail to text but it isn't working

Hello @nicole29 

Welcome the Community Smiley Happy

Once the value pack is added, You would need to press and hold "1" and setup the mailbox. You have mentioned that the voicemail is setup, so I am going to assume you have completed this step.

Voicemail-To-Text works over the Data Network, So data would need to be on for you to get the audio file with the voicemail. See if turning off Wi-Fi and sending yourself a test voicemail works.

When people call your number, do they reach your voicemail box?

Let the community know how things are going.

I can always have someone reach out to you via PM incase this issue relates to something on your account.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

We just tested it with the wifi off. I got the text alert that I have a vm, as usual, but there is no text of the msg itself. I still have have to call my vm to get it.

The vm is set up on each phone, and callers do reach it. Maybevsomething needs to be done on Rogers' end?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hey @nicole29 

So you didn't even get the audio file? Are you getting that message saying "1 New". It sounds like the right package isn't on your account.

I can have our @CommunityHelps team check out your account. Look out for the PM in your inbox.

Feel free to update the community if you come to a resolution.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue. Voice mail is set up. I pay for the service and it is activated, people can leave me a voice mail. I get a text message saying I have a voice mail and a notification to call and get my voice mail, but no voice to text and no audio files.  I run Android 6.0 marshmallow on nexus 6p. I called in and they can't seem to help me. Tried resetting the service but no luck. Anyone have any ideas on what going on? I was told it should work cause its all set up and there is nothing they can do. Will look into it and get back to me with 7 days. I would like the problem fixed sooner if possible.

Good day @spaceman007,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We're very sorry about the problems you're currently experiencing with your enhanced voicemail.

From the information provided in your last post, seems like you already performed all of the basic troubleshooting steps, with our technical support team.

We would love to take a deeper look into this, and escalate the ticket that was created at the beginning of the week, if needed. Please reach out to us via Private Message @CommunityHelps whenever you are back online, as we will need to obtain access to your account to take additional measures.

Looking forward to your PM! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having this issue as well.  Just got off the phone with tech support and they can't figure it out, they have escalated the issue and will get back to me...ugh.  

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @supervillain,

Do you subscribe to a value pack that includes voicemail to text? What type of device do you have?

Are you able to receive regular text messages? Do you have a data plan on your phone?

Let us know so we can further troubleshoot.

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersGabrielle Hi, thanks for responding.

I am subscribed to a value pack which includes this feature.  This was confirmed by the 2 tech support reps I spoke with the other day.  I have a nexus 6p. There are no issues with SMS and I have a data plan. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Took me a while but they reset some things, I reactived it and restarted my phone and now it works. Took about 3 weeks and half a dozen attempt with different tech support but they fixed it.