cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposed to have premium voicemail to text but it isn't working

nicole29
I've been here awhile

My husband and I got Samsung Galaxy S5s in December and have been paying for a value pack on each of them that is supposed to include premium voicemail to text. It isn't working for either of us so I've been trying to find out if there is something I need to do to set it up. An article says it will automatically work as long as we have our voicemail set up, which we do. Anyone know if there's something else I need to do?  

***Edited Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Supposed to have premium voicemail to text but it isn't working

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @nicole29 

Welcome the Community Smiley Happy

Once the value pack is added, You would need to press and hold "1" and setup the mailbox. You have mentioned that the voicemail is setup, so I am going to assume you have completed this step.

Voicemail-To-Text works over the Data Network, So data would need to be on for you to get the audio file with the voicemail. See if turning off Wi-Fi and sending yourself a test voicemail works.

When people call your number, do they reach your voicemail box?

Let the community know how things are going.

I can always have someone reach out to you via PM incase this issue relates to something on your account.

RogersAsif

nicole29
I've been here awhile

Hi,

We just tested it with the wifi off. I got the text alert that I have a vm, as usual, but there is no text of the msg itself. I still have have to call my vm to get it.

The vm is set up on each phone, and callers do reach it. Maybevsomething needs to be done on Rogers' end?

Hey @nicole29 

So you didn't even get the audio file? Are you getting that message saying "1 New". It sounds like the right package isn't on your account.

I can have our @CommunityHelps team check out your account. Look out for the PM in your inbox.

Feel free to update the community if you come to a resolution.

RogersAsif

spaceman007
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue. Voice mail is set up. I pay for the service and it is activated, people can leave me a voice mail. I get a text message saying I have a voice mail and a notification to call and get my voice mail, but no voice to text and no audio files.  I run Android 6.0 marshmallow on nexus 6p. I called in and they can't seem to help me. Tried resetting the service but no luck. Anyone have any ideas on what going on? I was told it should work cause its all set up and there is nothing they can do. Will look into it and get back to me with 7 days. I would like the problem fixed sooner if possible.

Good day @spaceman007,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We're very sorry about the problems you're currently experiencing with your enhanced voicemail.

From the information provided in your last post, seems like you already performed all of the basic troubleshooting steps, with our technical support team.

We would love to take a deeper look into this, and escalate the ticket that was created at the beginning of the week, if needed. Please reach out to us via Private Message @CommunityHelps whenever you are back online, as we will need to obtain access to your account to take additional measures.

Looking forward to your PM! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

supervillain
I plan to stick around

I am having this issue as well.  Just got off the phone with tech support and they can't figure it out, they have escalated the issue and will get back to me...ugh.  

Good Evening @supervillain,

Do you subscribe to a value pack that includes voicemail to text? What type of device do you have?

Are you able to receive regular text messages? Do you have a data plan on your phone?

Let us know so we can further troubleshoot.

@RogersGabrielle

@RogersGabrielle Hi, thanks for responding.

I am subscribed to a value pack which includes this feature.  This was confirmed by the 2 tech support reps I spoke with the other day.  I have a nexus 6p. There are no issues with SMS and I have a data plan. 

spaceman007
I've been here awhile
Took me a while but they reset some things, I reactived it and restarted my phone and now it works. Took about 3 weeks and half a dozen attempt with different tech support but they fixed it.

Hello @spaceman007

Thank you for updating the Community. We are truly happy to know that your issue has been resolved.

RogersSannecia

Hello @supervillain

We would like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue involves accessing your account. Next time you are online please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into your issue further.

Looking forward to your response.

RogersSannecia

tollerdog
I've been here awhile

Do you know what they did to fix it?  I've added the package, have data on my phone, voicemail previously set up, so no need to re-set up.  Still no text with message, just a message saying there is a voicemail that to pick up, I need to go in and pick up the audio.....

Hello @tollerdog

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Are you subscribe to a value pack that includes voicemail to text? What type of device are you using?

Are you able to receive regular text messages? Is data included in your price plan?

Looking forward to your response.

RogersSannecia

Yes to all the above.  Samsung Galaxy S6.  Problem solved by your CSR who had to fully reset my existing voice mail, then it worked after I set it up again.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

How can the techs be so inconsistent?  I have been waiting on a fix to this for a couple of weeks.  The first person I spoke to didn't know what to do, so they had to "escalate the issue" to one of the higher up tech reps.  Then they never called me back...arg

tollerdog
I've been here awhile

Same here.  First person had no fix, 2nd person that it was escalated to had no idea why it wasn't working.  Took a 3rd person to figure out that all they needed to do was reset my mailbox.

I've got the same issue as well. For the past 6 months I've been paying for a Value Pack that does not work and had not realized it. No Premium-voicemail-to-text or 35 Voice messages. I found the forum because I decided to check exactly what I should be getting. So disappointed with Rogers. Why does everything has to be a fight with them?

Hi @itmayday,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums. 

I understand the frustration, we can definitely try to assist you with looking into why your Value Pack is not working and help to confirm what should be included. I've already sent you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!
RogersArthur

fopat
I've been here awhile

My voicemail to text feature is not working.  It shows that there is a new voice message but does not have the text or audio file. Have tried restarting phone and checked that data is on. Very annoying.  @RogersAsif please take a look at the account and see what can be done. I am paying for it each month. 

Hello, @fopat

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I use the Voicemail to Text feature, it's a great feature. I would be upset as well if it has stopped working.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can investigate and find the solution for you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats