cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

SonyDude
I've been here awhile

I, unfortunately, purchased this dual-SIM card phone last year.

The plan was to have different ringtones on each SIM card, one for business & one for friends.

Nobody told me  that this capability disappeared with Android 6.0, for whatever reason.

Now, I'm lookinh for the Android 7.0 upgrade, but my phone model isn't even listed on the list, unless it's included with the standard Z5, which seems reasonable.

Thanks for allowing me to vent over the lack of separate ringtones.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robindp

Agreed. This is a Sony Canada issue and not a Rogers issue. Unfortunately Rogers has no control over updates on a unlocked device.

@SonyDude

I have emailed a Sony rep I know to see if I can get some more insight. I will let u know more tomorrow or when he emails me back :). As per the link above, that's the last information I know as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SonyDude

Unfortunately Rogers can't control updates to devices they do not sell or are branded by Rogers. This site something Sony Canada will be able to handle for you.

As for the ring tones, are u sure u can not? Have u contact Sony and spoken to them?

Hello @SonyDude,

Had a look at Sony Mobile forums for you, and it seems that the option exists in Android 6.0 but not in the software update provided by Sony.

Your beef seems to be with Sony, and not Rogers (as @Meowmix stated).

Link: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-premium-dual-simple-ringtone-setti...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robindp

Agreed. This is a Sony Canada issue and not a Rogers issue. Unfortunately Rogers has no control over updates on a unlocked device.

@SonyDude

I have emailed a Sony rep I know to see if I can get some more insight. I will let u know more tomorrow or when he emails me back :). As per the link above, that's the last information I know as well.

SonyDude
I've been here awhile

Many thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SonyDude

You are welcome. Hopefully the next update will fix this!
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation