Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Exactly. That's why i stick to iOS, Nexus or BlackBerry devices which i can install the updates my self. Better with Non carrier branded devices.
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you talking about ROOTing or provider unlocking?

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

I was saying factory unlocked devices like Nexus, Blackberries which are sold by Blackberry, iPhone sold by Apple and other devices sold by the manufacturer which does not included locks to carriers and branding
I Plan to Stick Around

Good day all!

It's March 6th now and I have not seen or heard anything about Rogers releasing Marhmallow for the Xperia Z3. Have anyone got any news to share about this update for this phone?

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

Unfortunately until they announce anything on the OS Upgrade Schedule thread then there isn't much to go on. Keep a eye on that thread as u know and hopefully it gets updated
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Rogers, and thank you Sony! Can't wait to see what Marshmallow will be like on Z3. I have been following for a while with all the testing, beta program and see a perfect version of Android. Can't wait!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

I heard it's being released its going to be released in a couple of weeks! Glad to hear that!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers update page indicate April 27 for Marshmellow 6.0

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sushil1011

That is true but also remember the dates can change at anytime without notice. It does state that below too. So keep that in mind too.
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point, I could care less when/if we get it. I've read about other phones from around the world who have gotten it well before us and the Xperia Z3 has been out before them So, whatever.

When I see the notification come on my phone telling me the new version is available, great. Otherwise....