Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

If you're tired of waiting, like I was, you can install Sony official Marshmallow build via FTF. I did that yesterday on a work Xperia Z3.  Working great so far!

I Plan to Stick Around

@sprung

How did you do it? What ftf did you use, is your phone unlocked? Did you lose Roger's apps (bloat) after flashing? I had a friend try flashing Telus ftf and it messed up his phone. I'm assuming devices locked to Rogers network will just have to wait?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers bloat gone.

I used this Russian firmware (but don't worry, it allows English when settting up)

cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

@sprung wrote:
Rogers bloat gone.

I used this Russian firmware (but don't worry, it allows English when settting up)

Very tempting but you need to be real careful installing a foreign (or any ROM actually) as it doesn't take much to brick your phone. As much as I disagree with bloat, I will wait for the OTA update.

On the topic of bloat, it would be interesting to compare your update with the official one from Rogers to see just what has been added as bloat. Be sure to let us know when/if you can. 🙂

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
I Plan to Stick Around

@YourAdHere wrote:
Big news! The update schedule now reflects a release date of June 1, 2016 for Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the Sony Xperia Z3.

Better late than never, I guess (my previous LG G2 ended up, eventually, not getting Android 5.0.)

It's now the 31st of May. When I wake up on June 1st (tomorrow), I had better see a notice of a new firmware update and I had better be impressed with it.

If you DO get it tomorrow, please remember to stop by this this forum and let us know in this thread that you got it. That will be another chapter closed of my oh-so-boring life. lol.

I've Been Around

System update is up. Size is 1057.5 MBs.
I Plan to Stick Around

So far it seems pretty solid. One complaint is how slow LTE and wifi speeds have gotten after updating. Hopefully it settles itself out after a few days because that is a little ridiculous. But otherwise snappy performance on the device end of things.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

Marshmallow 6.0.1 is now available for OTA download to your Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact tablet.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, considering I started this thread back in mid January, I think it went rather well.

We've got what we wanted and I guess that's the end. So, in the famous words of Gordon Ramsay....

shut it.jpg

*Picture posted under fair use policy. Not copyright violation.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell

Hello I am curious to know if the new update is going to be released anytime soon. I saw the OS update page was edited yesterday and the Z3 should be getting it's new firmware release today?

Thank you.