Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

marshmallow.jpg

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

Thats one yummy looking marshmallow!

But with all i do agree. Rogers needs to release the update. The others carriers have. Luckily I worked at Sony so I got a unlocked Z3 from them as a gift which got updated to the update months ago. My other Sony Z3 from Rogers hasn't which i am disappointed.
I Plan to Stick Around

I get the feeling that Rogers is planning on waiting until Sony releases the newest firmware which will include stamina mode again. But why can't they just give the public something, some kind of update as to what is causing the wait? And not just for the Z3 but for all devices.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Even WIND released Z3 Marshmallow update, shame on you Rogers!
I Plan to Stick Around

I appreciate the new OS thread. Can anyone from Rogers tell me if the "coming soon" means before May 25th or just whenever? I would think it would mean any day now, since soon should be soon lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3zero

Unfortunately they won't tell u what date it will be since it hasn't been updated yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, guess who got Marshmallow today???!!!

...my wife. She's with Wind. How pathetic.

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

Yeah and the new OS Upgrade Schedule thread shows Coming soon still. Who knows what's going on

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1
I've Been Around

Big news! The update schedule now reflects a release date of June 1, 2016 for Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the Sony Xperia Z3.

Better late than never, I guess (my previous LG G2 ended up, eventually, not getting Android 5.0.)
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it's good to hear. I still think there will be one more adjustment to the schedule. Phase one (coming soon) phase two (June 1st) phase three (new projected release date)

But still good news.