Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Will there be an update from Android 5.1.1 to Marshmallow for the Sony Xperia Z3 anytime soon? I HAVE looked on the OS Update Scedule and do no see a reference to it. Does that mean it will NOT be available or the list is somewhat outdated?

Thank you.

***edited labels***

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 - Marshmallow

Hello @PizzaSlice

Unfortunately you won't get the answer you are looking for. The Z3 should be getting the update but the ETA won't be given until the announce it on the OS Upgrade Schedule thread. Keep a eye on that
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the quick response. 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

You are welcome! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

In your opinion, if in fact the Z3 has actually been discontinued from Roger's what are the chances they would still continue pushing updates OTA? I am curious because If they (Roger's) have decided this is it, then I want to start looking at other options. I just can't find the answers I'm looking for when contacting Roger's.

Thank you,
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I'd like to know as well. I mean I am seeing Marshmallow being released all over the world. Why not for us on Rogers?? Is it a secret? It's a software update. Not proprietary to Rogers. A simple yes it will be released for the Z3 or no it will not. That way people can make decisions. If you don't have a decisive answer, no point replying to this.

I Plan to Stick Around

@PizzaSlice

I am already very unhappy that my phone has not received a very important security update that Sony has already released. I don't understand why Roger's has not given any answers or hints that this is going to be released. Back in the summer on the stagefright thread they had all the release dates for their devices and the Z3 was supposed to get one on September 16th. Well it's over 4 months later and.... Nothing! The Z3 should be on 23.4.A.1.264 firmware and Roger's stopped at 23.4.A.1.200 which is very outdated and full of security flaws. I just wish Roger's would share important info with it's customers like, yes we are planning a future update, or no we are not going to be releasing anything more. And I don't mean that OS thread that they use on these forums.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

They should still support the updates unless otherwise said. They haven't announced that they are fully not supporting the device so there is a sign they still are. As for the updates.. I am wondering why it's taking this long and I really doubt it's due to them checking the update out and such. I am for sure something else is going on and unfortunately they either won't release the information or something else.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

I fully I agree with you. The Z3 is still a great device to use on a daily basis. I don't see the reason why there is a such delay for the update and why the secrecy it seems. I am awaiting a reply as well seeing as my GF is using my Z3 which is from Europe and got the updates but my other Z3 which is locked to Rogers hasn't.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah unfortunately that's the problem with locked devices. I'm definitely going to go with an unlocked/ unbranded device in the future and do some research before getting another phone.