cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Phones Avaliable

brushap
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know if Rogers is dropping the Sony line of phones? I have a Z1 that is going to be at end of contract in a couple of months and I like the Sony product. I can only find the M4 Aqua listed currently and In my opinion it is an inferior phone to the Z series.

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sony Phones Avaliable

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @brushap

Some stores still carry the Z3 but it's rare. U need to call in and see. The Z5 is a exclusive device to Bell for the moment and most likely will stay at Bell.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @brushap

Some stores still carry the Z3 but it's rare. U need to call in and see. The Z5 is a exclusive device to Bell for the moment and most likely will stay at Bell.

zeroz3hereo
I plan to stick around
Hello,

I just wanted to add to this thread. I still have a Xperia Z3 D6603 and I have not seen any updates since the end of September last year. Now I know stagefright fix has been pushed by Sony, and to what I thought Roger's was supposed to be releasing the update also. I am still on the 23.4.A.1.200 firmware build (which is still buggy) and I know that Sony has already released the 23.4.A.1.264 update on December 1st 2015 in Canada. When is Roger's going to be pushing these important updates? The phone is just over a year old and it seems like they are giving up on them and focusing more on it's Galaxy line. There are older devices getting more attention than the Sony line up. Please I would like some sort of help on this topic.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

There is a thread already made for that. Please follow that thread for the latest information. If nothing has been posted, please wait for more information to be available. The mods or us cant post anything unless Rogers head office or the back end releases it..

brushap
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the info, guess I will have to consider switching brands or suppliers.

Re: Sony Phones Available

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

Just wondering if there has been any news on the newer Sony phones coming to Rogers on contract? Specifically the XZ1, and XZ Premium. Hoping they aren't going the way of Amazon exclusivity.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @tyson_kad

Unfortunately at this moment Rogers doesn't make any comments on if they will carry a phone or not. They only make comments on this when they have this information. It seems like Rogers hasn't really been signing up with Sony for their phones lately so I don't think they will. Could be a exslusive rights somewhere else.

Keep looking out on the Rogers wireless page or here and hopefully u will know later on.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Fortunately my daughter is now in the U.S.  She loved her Sony, then I used it for two years, and still use it as a backup, and it is a great device to wifi only for many things when I don't want to tie up my phone.

We won't know until time comes - it seems the whole marketing strategy in electronics, like cars, and new homes, is we market that they are coming, get people excited, preorder, and then we sit and wait to see if carriers are going to support it.

I look over the pre order and new phone threads, and 

@Meowmix does a great job of saying what she can say, her guesses from past experiences, but unfortunately, we are left in the dark until carriers are ready to say, one if they will carrier it, then two if they will support all features.

I cringe on what will happen when no locking comes into play -  will companies just turn a whole lot of features off on all phones, and then require us to pay a fee to dump the most recent software load and call ins for activations of features to make them work.

I know that is the way the business is now, but it is hard for me to get excited over any new device, or even buying a new model car, or new home, you just don't know what you are going go get at the end of the day, and even a house with all its legal review has huge loop holes that let just about anything change before you get the key.  and in addition, activation fees increases also just came (got to get those unlock fees back somehow).

Bruce

tyson_kad
I plan to stick around

That would be unfortunate. Sony phones hit a sweet spot for my wife and I, nothing else on the market seems to check off all the boxes for us. This new bezeless trend is not something I'm all that impressed with; looks fancy and nice, but is largely impractical for holding and using the phone (in my opinion of course).

I'd sooner keep my current Z3 for 2 more years than go on contract with any of the current offerings from other manufacturers. Best phone I've owned to date.

Where's Sony phones???

Don't understand why Rogers don't carry Sony phones anymore. Competitors already offering the Sony Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 compact. I switched to Rogers more than a year ago because I was told by a Rogers kiosk that Rogers has an exclusivity contract with Sony so at that time I got the X Performance from Sony. Now my phone is used, need to change it and get the newer model but Rogers don't want to offer any Sony phones. Everything to get a customer but nothing to keep them!?! Really lame Rogers!!! I should have stayed with Bell, I could have get a new Xperia phone by now.

RogersAli
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @SonyFan

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community 🙂 

I get where you are coming from, my dad is a huge Sony fan as well. While we’d like nothing more than to carry all makes and models, we make decisions based on the trends from our customer feedback and other factors. 

We greatly value and appreciate your loyalty. If you would like, we can explore options with new phones and see if we can find one that will match your needs, just send us a private message to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

Looking forward to your response. 

RogersAli 

It's unfortunate that Rogers has become so close-minded. Their primary focus is on iPhones and Samsungs. Enter Huawei and Rogers has totally abandoned the Sony line. I am moving my mobile business to BELL. Too bad, because we have three phones currently under Rogers
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation