Sony Experia Z3 vs Samsung S5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony Experia Z3 vs Samsung S5

Hi guys. It's decision time. I need to choose a new phone and I've narrowed my choices down to two. The Sony Experia Z3 or the Samsung S5. Which one do you recommend and why? Which one is more rugged? Thank you for your input.

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Experia Z3 vs Samsung S5

Hello PizzaSlice

They both have different internals and uses for it. I would highly suggest the Z3. You can control it with ur Ps3 or ps4 and it has a bit more things then the S5 does. The Z3 is more rigged due to its back glass a d metal frame vs the S5 which has a plastic back and plastic frame. Here is a small list below but u can always look online for reviews!

Sony Z3

- dual Stereo front speakers
- FM Radio
- Waterproof
- non removable battery
- 16GB internal Memory with SD card slot
- 3100mAh battery non removable
- 3GB RAM
- 20.1 back camera

Samsung Galaxy S5
- Water resistant ( not the same as Waterproofing)
- 16GB internal memory with SD card slot
- mono speaker on the back
- Heart rate monitor
- IRBlaster to control TV, Stereo systems and other things.
-2800mAh removable battery
- 2GB RAM
16mp back camera

I Plan to Stick Around

Great response. Thanks. I am certainly leaning towards the Z3. From all the stuff I've read and the videos I've watched, it seems the better value.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PizzaSlice

Excellent choice! The Z4 is being rumored to be announced in a few weeks but if u need a device right now, I would highly suggest and recommend to get the Z3. I have used both devices and my current one is my Z3. The speakers are loud, the device lasts you for 14+ hours ( every users battery status will be diffrent) and there are many features the Z3 can do!. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello PizzaSlice

Excellent choice! The Z4 is being rumored to be announced in a few weeks but if u need a device right now, I would highly suggest and recommend to get the Z3. I have used both devices and my current one is my Z3. The speakers are loud, the device lasts you for 14+ hours ( every users battery status will be diffrent) and there are many features the Z3 can do!. 🙂

I am in no rush to get one. I heard about the Z4 but I'm going to assume that the price will up there and at a point I am not really willing to pay. We'll see though.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PizzaSlice

Yeah the price will be higher as it will be a new device. That's how it's always been. But the Z3 is the best one tho!
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung GALAXY S5 comes with adding all their new features to the mobile. Sony Xperia Z2 coming with new innovative design and features.Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 both are water proof handsets and pretty close to over all configurations. Apart from above discussion I checked some extra features OF S5 at Samsung India site like

• Using toolbox to bookmark your favorite apps
  • Writing on the screen with a pencil
  • Kids mode
  • The shot and more features which allows you to edit and customize photos immediately after capturing them.
  • Ability to receive calls even when using other apps
  • Ability to check the caller information even while still engaged in the call
  • Integration with LinkedIn
  • Ability to function as a remote control
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Shalinitech

The OP was asking about the Z3 and NOT about the Z2..Those are all featured on the Z3 as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the feedback. In the end, I went with the Z3. 🙂
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PizzaSlice

Glad to see you got the Z3!!! Enjoy it! Any questions u have just post on here or PM me via my profile and I will glad help u!