Smart Lock- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Smart Lock- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

So I was playing around with my security settings and have read that Smart Lock could be a neat feature.  Problem on my cell is that I have enabled all the four settings in Smart Lock (On body, Trusted places/devices/voices) but outside of maybe once or twice, this feature works rarely or inconsistently.  I can place my cell down on the couch and hit the power button and not have to swipe/finger print to unlock the screen.. a few minutes later I do the same thing and again get asked to swipe to unlock...I have to do this or use my thumb print.

Ideas?  Others have the same issues by chance?

***EDITED LABELS***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Smart Lock- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Hello @Redsfan83

I had the same issue and it's a known issue online as well. Samsung has noticed this with the S8 devices too. I would suggest redoing the settings again and if that does not work, contact Samsung and open a ticket with them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Smart Lock- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Thanks Bud...did some extra searching and I have changed Battery Saver to Medium, and will see if this works..the revised battery seems to work as long as the unit is in my hands.  The minute I put it down though I have to pin/swipe to unlock again.