cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card removed - Unable to detect your SIM card (Samsung Galaxy S5)

franky18
I've been here awhile

Hello!

I'm looking for assistance with a persisting error message on my Samsung Galaxy S5. The phone is in great shape (original phone), no other issues with the hardware or software. I've recently been receiving the error "Sim card removed - Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check for your SIM Card.". If I press "restart" which is the only option, the phone restarts and finds the SIM Card. The phone continues to work with cell/data reception for several hours until suddenly the error comes up again. So far I've been restarting the phone every time since there are no alternatives. Could it be the SIM Card that's defective?

Thanks in advance for your help!

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sim card removed - Unable to detect your SIM card (Samsung Galaxy S5)

RogersMoin

Hello, @franky18

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Based on the description of the issue it sounds like SIM becomes unreadable due to not maintaining contact in the tray.

Was the phone got dropped recently? Have you tried reseating the SIM card yet? 

It's difficult to say if it's SIM card issue, you may want to try  another Rogers SIM card. I suggest taking the phone to Rogers Plus store so that it can be visually inspected and send to repair if required, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @franky18

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Based on the description of the issue it sounds like SIM becomes unreadable due to not maintaining contact in the tray.

Was the phone got dropped recently? Have you tried reseating the SIM card yet? 

It's difficult to say if it's SIM card issue, you may want to try  another Rogers SIM card. I suggest taking the phone to Rogers Plus store so that it can be visually inspected and send to repair if required, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

franky18
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your reply and assistance. The issue appears resolved after removing and reinserting the sim card. I haven't received the message this week since your reply. I will monitor and update if there are any new changes. Have a good day!

Hi @franky18,

Glad to know the issue has been resolved for you :). Feel free to reach out to us in case you encounter the same issue again.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation