Screen protectors for Galaxy S7

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Screen protectors for Galaxy S7

So the Otterbox Alpha Glass screen protector came in. It fits the visible screen nicely [way better than the Ishield one I tried] but there are some odd caveats. The instruction gide is wrong because

1) There is a film to remove but only on the sticky side.

2) The sticky side has the stickiness only at the top and bottom of the screen [the part you don't touch]. Therefore nothing really to smooth out.

3) The other side of the sticky side [where you don't touch] is all black. The two buttons [close all and go back] are replaced [sort of] so you need to make sure the originasl button's brightness shows through [you have to see it to understand what I mean].

4) The customer service address in the instructions doesn't work. 🙂

These comments were mentioned when I called their customer service.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Oh wow eh? That's not right at all. Honestly i am just using a Otterbox on my S7 edge and i also have the Samsung S7 edge S-View case.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I've always gotten the ZaggShield. I've had it on a few different devices, and I don't mind paying them the $15 for the install that comes warrantied for the life of the device.  If it ever bubbles or peels, they'll slap a new one on.

Zagg specifically uses the same plastic wrap that is used by the military to protect their helicopter blades. Super tough, self-repairing (small scratches disappear in a few days) and really nice, low friction surface that feels great under your fingertips.

Here's a a link to their S7 offerings.. If there's a kiosk near you, I'd again recommend ponying up for their installation service.

http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisibleshield/samsung-galaxy-s7/pl/glass

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

That is great! Sadly they do not one for the edge. Only for the S7. Many that have the edge will have to stick without a screen protector as none cover the edge screens.

Thanks for the link!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I can only guess that a thicker "glass" type screen protector would be needed for the Edges [ones that are curved already].

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I hope a cover is in the works for the Edge. They do have screen protectors available for the S6 edge, so it's likely.

Also, apparently they call the Zaggshield "Invisible Shield" now.. same thing though.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

That is true but until then we are a no good. It's alright my Otterbox keeps the device good for now!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

Yeah but when u got it for my S6 edge last year the screen protector was always coming off and had major issues as many reported. We shall see!