Screen protectors for Galaxy S7

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gisabun
I Plan to Stick Around

Screen protectors for Galaxy S7

Hi.

Anyone knows a good screen protector for the Galaxy S7 [not Edge]? So far the ones I jave seen have the same problem: They do not cover the full screen because at the edge of the screen the screen slightly curves.

I tried an iShieldZ model and I've read about some of the others.

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Screen protectors for Galaxy S7

Hello @Gisabun

Have you tried going to Best Buy to see what they got? I know a few customers of mine got screen protectors on theirs and no issues so far.

Have you also tried checking online?
Gisabun
I Plan to Stick Around

Checked online. That's where I've seen complaints.

Actually heading to Best Buy hopefully tomorrow.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Honestly you won't get the perfect screen protector for these devices or even any devices which have slightly curved glass. It will always have issues. Same happened with the S6 ans Note 5. They all Have issues
Gisabun
I Plan to Stick Around

So I went by Best Buy. All they had was a screen protector for $40.

I asked about how close it will be to the edge of the screen and she said there will be a gap - I guess like the previous one i tried and sent back.

I ordered the Otterbox one from amazon. Had a similar one for my S4. If it doesn't go to the near edge of the screen then I know it is typical for the S7. At least I saved $12. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Did you ask them about clearplex? They do it with a machine. That should have not costed that much.

Either way that not bad!
Gisabun
I Plan to Stick Around

Never heard of Clearplex.

I asked if there was anything other than the $40 and the sales lady said know. Maybe not available at all locations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Clearplex is a new system which they put the phone on a machine which that measures the screen of the Device. Then applies a screen protector on it and it's a lifetime warranty on it.

Most locations which have a Geek Squad presict in their store has it.
Gisabun
I Plan to Stick Around

OK. I'll see how the Otterbox fits. If not I can return it and try Cleartext.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Tell us what sure u think and hopefully it works!. I have a Otterbox on my S7 edge