Samsung s7 edge no LTE connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung s7 edge no LTE connection

me neither,no choice
I've Been Here Awhile

I guess so :-(
I've Been Here Awhile

Issues not resolved even after a full factory reset Smiley Sad  Not sure what else to try now.

Good morning @bheema!

Welcome to our Community!

I know an LTE connection is super important to our customers, so let's see what we can do to resolve this for you.

If this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

you need to make change to your network mode.use lte/ wcdma option. you can change it throught setting - network mode - lte mode. Or use this command for that *#*#4636*#*#.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue (no LTE); regular S7 W8 model stuck on 4G/HPSA.  Not sure when it started exactly but it was within the last month.  

I received text messages from Rogers stating I would lose LTE if I didn't upgrade to android 7.0; even though my phone has been on 7.0 every since it was released many months ago.

My sim card provides LTE with other phones in the house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ludespeed wrote:

I have the same issue (no LTE); regular S7 W8 model stuck on 4G/HPSA.  Not sure when it started exactly but it was within the last month.  

I received text messages from Rogers stating I would lose LTE if I didn't upgrade to android 7.0; even though my phone has been on 7.0 every since it was released many months ago.

My sim card provides LTE with other phones in the house.

@Ludespeed

I know your phone is on 7.0, but is it running the latest firmware? also you can try a network settings reset see if that helps.

I've Been Here Awhile

My android security patch level says November 1, 2017; I don't know if the Dec build is out yet.

Edit; just reset network settings and still stuck on 4G only; Rogers LTE APN is being used.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

S7 dropping data connectivity even though LTE shows

This issue started around 2 weeks ago on my S7 (non edge). After coming out of a wifi area or the subway, LTE connectivity shows but there is actually no internet connection. Nothing works. I switch networks to 3g and then back to LTE to fix the problem, but why is this happening in the first place? I receive important messages during the day and after a nothing shows up for a while, realize the data connection isn't even working even though LTE is displaying.

S7 is non rooted and on the latest patch that was released by Rogers. 

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @c2q,

Thanks for your post. I can certainly understand the inconvenience and burden something like this can cause.  Since your post, has the issue resurfaced? 

Has there been any other troubleshooting steps you've taken before switching your network?

If the issue does persist, I recommend trying to reset your network settings.

First, power off your phone and remove your SIM card, then power the phone back on and follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.

After the phone reboots, power it off and install the SIM card. 

Let us know if that works. Community, feel free to chime in. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how'd ya fix it?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,

RogersCilio