cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s7 edge no LTE connection

Axia
I'm here a lot

Hi, would like to know how can I get my LTE connection back. I sudden lost it two days ago.i did not do anything special neither system uodate.I have tried all the solutions, including power on, off, change sim card, change APN and I called Rogers they can find the reason.

There could be several reasons why your phone isn't connecting to an LTE network, even though we have detected that you are connected to the Rogers network.

Before following the steps below, try to connect your Galaxy S7 Edge to an LTE network in another location. Also, if possible, see if other devices are able to connect to the LTE network in that location.

If you are still having trouble, follow these steps:
Steps:
Reboot your Galaxy S7 Edge by powering it off then back on. This will refresh the connection to the network.
If this didn't work, check your phone's Network mode. Tap Continue below and make sure that the following is selected under Network mode: GSM/HSPA/LTE AUTO
The Rogers LTE network is available in select cities across the country and we are currently expanding it to extend from coast to coast. Visit rogers.com/coverage to check if your location has LTE access.
If none of these steps worked, the issue may be with your sim card. To check, you can insert another sim card into your phone and try connecting again.

Thank you and hope someone can help.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung s7 edge no LTE connection

Axia
I'm here a lot
i have factory reset my phone today and the problem is gone now.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersCorey

Hello @Axia!

Welcome to our Community!

I know LTE is important so I'll do my best to help... and hopefully some of our other Community members can chime in too 🙂

First, I'd like to know if this is an official Rogers locked Samsung S7 Edge or if it's a non-Rogers unlocked device.

Please let me know! Thanks!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thx for your reply, i bought my s7 edge from Rogers. It's an official locked phone.

Hey @Axia,

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. I'm a little surprised changing SIM cards did not resolve the issue either. 

@gp-se and @Meowmix care to share some insights?

RogersZia

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Axia

I would suggest you reset the network settings on your phone:

Power off the phone and remove your SIM card, then power the phone back on and follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.

After the phone reboots, power it off and install the SIM card. 

If that still doesn't fix the issue I suggest going to a local Rogers store and asking them to try a "known good sim" in your phone and see if it gets LTE. Or try your SIM card in another phone and see if that phone gets LTE. From that point you will find out if it's a hardware issue with your phone, or a SIM card/Account issue.

Axia
I'm here a lot
I have reset the setting of my phone, my sim works fine and has LTE in an other Rogers phone and an other Rogers sim does not have LTE on my phone.
I have worked for a cellphone company before so I know pretty much every possible method.....
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have also tried to manually select Rogers network, re enter APN settings, the only thing that I did not try is factory reset my phone which I don't want to try.
I am wondering if I factory reset my phone and it doesn't help, will Rogers change my phone.

bheema
I've been here awhile
Definitely having the same issue with my Rogers Samsung S7 Edge as well. Problems started around 11:30 AM today for me.

Axia
I'm here a lot
i have factory reset my phone today and the problem is gone now.

bheema
I've been here awhile
Oh boy... was hoping not to have to do a full factory reset...

Axia
I'm here a lot
me neither,no choice

bheema
I've been here awhile
I guess so 😞

bheema
I've been here awhile

Issues not resolved even after a full factory reset 😞  Not sure what else to try now.

Good morning @bheema!

Welcome to our Community!

I know an LTE connection is super important to our customers, so let's see what we can do to resolve this for you.

If this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

you need to make change to your network mode.use lte/ wcdma option. you can change it throught setting - network mode - lte mode. Or use this command for that *#*#4636*#*#.

Ludespeed
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue (no LTE); regular S7 W8 model stuck on 4G/HPSA.  Not sure when it started exactly but it was within the last month.  

I received text messages from Rogers stating I would lose LTE if I didn't upgrade to android 7.0; even though my phone has been on 7.0 every since it was released many months ago.

My sim card provides LTE with other phones in the house.

@Ludespeed wrote:

I have the same issue (no LTE); regular S7 W8 model stuck on 4G/HPSA.  Not sure when it started exactly but it was within the last month.  

I received text messages from Rogers stating I would lose LTE if I didn't upgrade to android 7.0; even though my phone has been on 7.0 every since it was released many months ago.

My sim card provides LTE with other phones in the house.

@Ludespeed

I know your phone is on 7.0, but is it running the latest firmware? also you can try a network settings reset see if that helps.

Ludespeed
I've been here awhile

My android security patch level says November 1, 2017; I don't know if the Dec build is out yet.

Edit; just reset network settings and still stuck on 4G only; Rogers LTE APN is being used.

c2q
I plan to stick around

S7 dropping data connectivity even though LTE shows

This issue started around 2 weeks ago on my S7 (non edge). After coming out of a wifi area or the subway, LTE connectivity shows but there is actually no internet connection. Nothing works. I switch networks to 3g and then back to LTE to fix the problem, but why is this happening in the first place? I receive important messages during the day and after a nothing shows up for a while, realize the data connection isn't even working even though LTE is displaying.

S7 is non rooted and on the latest patch that was released by Rogers. 

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @c2q,

Thanks for your post. I can certainly understand the inconvenience and burden something like this can cause.  Since your post, has the issue resurfaced? 

Has there been any other troubleshooting steps you've taken before switching your network?

If the issue does persist, I recommend trying to reset your network settings.

First, power off your phone and remove your SIM card, then power the phone back on and follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.

After the phone reboots, power it off and install the SIM card. 

Let us know if that works. Community, feel free to chime in. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, how'd ya fix it?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation