Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 & S9 Plus - Android PIE

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

Unfortunate news, we have confirmed with Samsung this morning that the FOTA has been delayed until February 7th, 2019.

Thank you all for you patience over the past 24hrs and to come.  As always, we aim to be as open and transparent as possible here in the Rogers Community Forums. If and once I have any information to share, it will be here FIRST, before anywhere else.

RogersDarrell

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Samsung S9 & S9 Plus - Android PIE

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

Transparent? Are you kidding?
Rogers Helps twitter was saying it was released all day yesterday. 

Get a grip. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersDarrell

Thank you for the update on this. I am switching on of my lines over from Telus in the next week so it's good to hear.

HOWEVER, there is alot of miscommunication / false statements going around. Your twitter / live chat / call center tech support agents have said up until this morning that the update has been pushed out and should be on the phones.

Can you explain WHY the reps are giving false information / miscommunication on this? There is no way that Rogers just this morning got a memo from Samsung that will be pushed back until Feb 7th unless it was a emergency but still, Samsung Canada would have said something yesterday. Even if it happened this morning, your reps should have never went on air to say the update is out when it wasn't. I'm sure they can contact the back end and get the true story. They are making customers not trust this company and ultimately leave and go somewhere else.

As someone that left Rogers about 2 yrs ago and is about to return back, seems like Rogers still hasn't learned about their agents giving false information. Especially on social media. It's making things not good on Rogers end. That's for sure.

I know it's not your fault as you are just a mailer so I am not blaming you in any way. I am just sadden to see that Rogers still has many reps giving false information to its customers ( social media and call center). They shouldn't be saying anything until the update is truly out and Rogers / Samsung pushes the update at a later time and then tells us.

Thank you.

Hi @Meowmix! Good to see you back!

I'm going to crosspost what I posted on the other thread here:

We literally only found out about this delay moments before @RogersDarrell posted the update. Before we received this news this morning, we were still operating on the info that we had previously and as far as we were aware, the update was being rolled out in batches by Samsung. Please keep in mind that it does take time to disseminate this news down the chain to our other support groups.

At this stage, social media should now be fully aware of the delay.

We are doing our best to be transparent with our Community which is why Darrell created this brand new thread to highlight this news and share it with everyone as soon as he received word. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

''Before we received this news this morning, we were still operating on the info that we had previously and as far as we were aware, the update was being rolled out in batches by Samsung''

You should operate with the info from your customers. We told yesterday that nobody got an update, we said it here, reddit, Samsung forum, twitter and Facebook. After many users saying the upgrade was not live, Rogers should investigate why no one got it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersCorey

Thank you for the explanation!. Hopefully come February 9th we don't hear it's being pushed further.

Thank you guys!

L-R
I've been around

Hi,

I was told by Rogers Helps twitter page that the update was going to be released yesterday. If we are looking at Feb 7, will all Rogers customers receive the update at once, and if so, what time?

Thank you for keeping us informed,

- L

wungun
I plan to stick around

Yes, it is believed the update will roll out to all Rogers customers at once. What time? Whatever time Samsung decides to "flip the switch"

@L-R wrote:

Hi,

I was told by Rogers Helps twitter page that the update was going to be released yesterday. If we are looking at Feb 7, will all Rogers customers receive the update at once, and if so, what time?

Thank you for keeping us informed,

- L

djshag
I'm here a lot
Thanks for the update. I'm sure it's frustrating for everyone involved!

RogersDarrell

Android PIE is live!

I'm downloading it now as we speak!

Enjoy everyone, and thank you for your understanding and patience.

RogersDarrell

Installed and running great on my S9+!

adolson13
I've been around
I have an unlocked international version of the S9 (SM-G9600) but am with Rogers. Will I be included in the roll out?

wungun
I plan to stick around

Rogers! Youre late with February security patch!! Today??

rambotech
I've been here awhile

Any issues with Bluetooth, GPS, or other features?

Just wanna make sure before I upgrade.

Thanks!

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 in conversation