Samsung S6 Edge on backorder

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Samsung S6 Edge on backorder

I ordered a Samsung S6 Edge through the online hardware upgrade service.  When I spoke with a csr to confirm the order they told me it would be shipping out within 5-7 business days but would likely ship out sooner.  When I didn't receive the shipping confirmation email I called Rogers and was told that it said it hasn't shipped yet but should within the next day or so.  So about 5 days later I still hadn't received a shipping confirmation email so I again called to see if it had shipped.  This time I was told the device is actually on backorder and that they don't have any stock in their warehouse at all.  So I asked if they could give me an idea of when they might receive a shipment in as I ordered this phone to replace my current one which is malfunctioning and was just wanting an idea of when I can expect to receive it.  The csr told me they have no information regarding when shipments come in and that I'll just have to wait for the phone to be delivered.  I was also told I can not cancel the order and go into a store to buy the phone unless I wait for the phone to be delivered and turn it down when they attempt delivery and then I would still have to wait 30 days before I could attempt another device upgrade, which seems pretty stupid to me.  Anyways since no one at Rogers seems to be able to give me an idea of a timeline what so ever and I apparently screwed myself by upgrading through the online service and not going into a store is there anyone around who has been in a similar situation that could let me know how long they had to wait for the backordered phone to be back in stock?  I'm hoping since it's the S6 edge and not a brand new phone that I can expect it in soon but the more I've tried to get an answer from the csrs I've talked to the less hopeful I am.

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung S6 Edge on backorder

Hey @beckii_s

Thank you for your patience,
I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @beckii_s

Thank you for your patience,
I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks,
RogersShakir

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did this get resolved for you and how long did it take to get your phone? I am in the same position now and I am super frustrated.

Highlighted

HI @eos04,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still waiting for your new device? 

RogersZia

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @eos04

Since you haven't come back to comment I am guessing you got the device? Hopefully you did and are enjoying it!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've ordered the s6 and it's been three weeks and I still haven't had it delivered. I've been told it's on back order. Does anyone know when they will be in stock? I don't understand why it's taking so long to get this phone seeing it's last year's model.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Marcus333

Unfortunately that's a question in which can not be answered. No one knows when it will be back in stock.

It could be due to many things. The issues with the Note 7 has kept Samsung on focusing on that and also many are still buying the S6 and S6 edge so it's up to Samsung on when devices get shipped to Rogers and how many of them get shipped.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much for your help. I hope Samsung resolves this issue soon. I'm in need of a new phone and everything I'm interested in doesn't seem to be in stock. A bad time to upgrade I guess.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello@Marcus 333

Hopefully you have received the S6 edge and enjoying it!:).