Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

There is no confirmation yet on if Note 3 supports UHS-1, so I am not sure it will take the advantage if I get the Extreme version, and because the known compatibility issue of Sandisk Ultra on Samsung Galaxy phones, I am not sure if I want to go with Sandisk, people say the Samsung Pro UHS-1 might be a better option for Note 3, and it is sold on amazon.ca for around $70. But I am still impressed by the 70M/40M read/write speed of an Sandisk Extreme, which is perfect for hi-speed video recording.

I've Been Here Awhile

Note 3 and smart gear

Anyone know if rogers will be doing the get a note 3 you can also get the watch for 100 dollars off?
I Plan to Stick Around

lagjazz,

Well, you've given me cause for concern. UHS-1 is supposed to be sufficient for high def video, but if it isn't I'll post here and let people know. 🙂

I've had good luck with Sandisk in the past, including good customer support, so I'm not (as) worried about past incompatibilities.

Follow-up to earlier in the thread:

Unfortunately, the first reviews of the Samsung Gear are coming out and they are exactly what people feared: The thing is very "1.0".

http://gizmodo.com/galaxy-gear-smartwatch-review-potential-miles-from-re-1431208144

I Plan to Stick Around

Does the Note 3 take SDXC micro sd cards?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi ,

I have just ordered the Sandisk Extreme 64gb MicroSDXC from amazon.com for $98, free shipping to Canada

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi charlo1108,

Yes it does.
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like black with not be shipping for this Friday...I'm 46 and still open 😐
I Plan to Stick Around

lagjazz,

You are more lucky than I in your Amazon usage.

I find a lot of those cards on Amazon.com show: "cannot be shipped to the selected address". 

And I *never* see free shipping to Canada from Amazon.com.  (what's your trick? 😉

Given I've already ordered my "Ultra", I'll run some tests when my Note 3 shows up and if it's not suitable, I'll return it as such and buy the Extreme model.   (given that various marketing propoganda suggests it's just fine for my phone, I think they'll accept the return without problem)

I Plan to Stick Around

I've got an Amazon Prime account on Amazon.ca and had no problems.  The trick is to NOT order from Amazon.com but Amazon.ca.  Even then, make sure that if it is not actually being shipped by amazon that it is not an american company.  I got nailed with $50 brokerage fees on something I purchased from Amazon.ca but that ultimately shipped from the US.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi TheyCallMeDoug,

Not every seller will ship to Canada on Amazon.com, when you look at the "Seller Information" column and if you see "International & domestic shipping rates", then they will ship to Canda, but if you see only "Domestic shipping rates", then will be USA only.

Like where I ordered my Sandisk Extreme:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00D6XTMFC/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1380653432&sr=8-1&keywo...