Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Meowmix,

Yes, I've pretty much decided that I won't get the 1st generation of the "Gear".

My reasoning is: $200 is a lot to spend on a gamble that it'll be great. But $300 isn't that much to spend on something that has proven to be great.

And since my bet is that it won't be superb out of the box, I'm willing to wait.

(With apologies to any Samsung peeps reading this.)

Also, I've been bit too many times by 1.0 devices that end up being underpowered and the specs don't quite live up to the ambitions of their creators.  (cough) HTC Dream (cough).  And how long have the developers had the SDK? (quick search) Actually, it seems that no developers outside of Samsung have the SDK. It's brand new, so "sure". But has this product been rushed into production, or have they been refining the software for a year? I don't know. I bet we'll find out when the first reviews roll in. If they were confident in the product, then I would expect that $100 bonus would last for longer than 2 days. We shall see.

Pure speculation. I'm just trying to justify my decision.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TheyCallMeDoug

I rather spend $200-$300 on something more useful then a smartwatch that is limited only to the Note 3 & i just spend so much on my watch now so i dont need anything else like that.
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys may want to look at this smart watch, will be in production next month, way better than the gear:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omate/omate-truesmart-water-resistant-standalone-smartwa
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lagjazz

Yea I was looking at those ones!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Rogers has now 2 very interesting plans for Galaxy Note 3 :

$85/month with 1 GB + 1GB Bonus
$105/month with 3 GB + 3 GB Bonus

But the bonus is available until today Sept 30.

Tomorrow, I hope it will be changed for Oct 31.

Bye!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Rogerlebo,

I have a 6G/$25 plan, good for note 3
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rogerlebo

I pay $65 a month without taxes for

Unlimited Canada wide calling.
Unlimited text, picture and video messages.
6GB Data
Call display and name display
voice mail
Who called
Call manger
300 long distance minutes ( USA and Europe)
500 International text messages
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Your actual plan is excellent.

My understanding is you will change your actual phone for a new Galaxy Note 3 Friday Oct 4.

Will you have to change your actual plan for existing $85/month plan or $105/month plan?

My understanding is that we must change our actual plan when we change our phone.

Am I right?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rogerlebo

That is not correct. You keep your old plan as long as the plan it self is $60 or more.

Please show me where it says about those plans ONLY being for the note 3
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix...

Your plan is better than my plan. (And a LOT better than the plans being offered today.)

Do you have any suggestions how to successfully upgrade to a plan such as yours?

I will try asking politely.