Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Note 3?

Hey Rogers!

Samsung's latest rendition of it's Note Series, the Note 3, is rumored to be release September 4th.  When will us lonely Canadians get it?

Regards,

Andy

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Hello Andrew250.

As you said, the Galaxy Note 3 has not been announced or released from Samsung. When the device is announced by Samsung, Rogers then will announce if they will carry the device and when it's going to be released. Until then, no word will be given out. So i suggest waiting until the official announcement from Samsung and thenn Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay, step 1 complete.

Samsung has officially announced the Note 3  (and Galaxy Gear). 

Release Date?  September 25th in Europe and other not-here places.  October for North America. (checks atlas... yep, that's us)

Your move, Rogers!  What kind of timeline are we talking?

Place your bets here folks: Which carrier announces first?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'll reply to my own post:

Rogers for the win!

Tweet from @RogersBuzz:

"We’re excited to announce we’ll be carrying the Samsung Galaxy #Note3. Stay tuned for more details soon!"

Excellent.

I've Been Here Awhile

Kudos TheyCallMeDoug,

I was just typing a reply with today's news when I noticed you beat me to the line.

I just want to add that I hope that Rogers doesn't fallow their past behaviour and limit Canadians' options on features. Specifically I hope they have the 64GB version available for us.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Theycallmedoug

Sadly you won't get the date answer. Like your second post said, wait until Rogers releases the info on the release date. Most likely October anyways
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Also i would like to point out that we are getting a different spec Note 2 then the one they announced. We are getting the 2.3Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC, 3GB of RAM, 32-64GB internal storage with microSD slot, a 13MP camera with 4K shooting capabilities and image stabilization, Category 4 LTE support with carrier aggregation, Bluetooth 4.0 LE support and a 3200mAh battery that promises 40% more uptime than the Note II.

The Octa-core will NOT be coming to the US or Canada. Blame Samsung on this yet again, not Rogers or the carriers.

Source : http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/04/samsung-announces-galaxy-note-3-galaxy-gear-smart-watch-and-galaxy...
I Plan to Stick Around

800 is fine by me..development wont be as good on the octa anyway...sammy wont release source code for it Smiley Mad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jlannen

That is true but also others could debate on that. I have seen on other web pages fighting about this. Samsung will not release the code for reasons lol.

Anyways the Quad-core 800 should be just fine & its fast. I am selling my S4 & saving whatever many up as well to get the Note 3 outright.
I Plan to Stick Around

hi, is rogers getting the Galaxy Gear smartwatch