Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Samsung Note 3?

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:

As a good rule of thumb, there is almost never enough improvement from one genration to the next to make a single-step upgrade worthwhile. Two generations (skip a model) is a minimum, and three generations is ideal.  This will save you money, and keep the phones interesting. If you upgrade from one model to the next, you'll be "happy" but not "amazed" at the changes.

Excellent excellent advice. Couldn't agree more. Been my rule of thumb for PC upgrades for years. Great way to save money and get your dollars worth. Otherwise you're just replacing new hardware with more new hardware. Throwing cash down the drain.

Noticed in the past 5 years that yearly new models are just rebadged previous releases with minor tweaks. Not always though. Always best to research before buying as I'm sure you will agree.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I've Been Here Awhile

Note 3 price currently dropped to $249.00 plus the $50 rebate

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slipp.

Wrong. Price of the Note 3 is at $199.99.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Also no. when you go upgrade, the device price will be $249. Once you do the mail in rebate, the $50 will be take off & it will go to $199.99. So you will not get a extra $50 off the device price. Just clearing that up as some can read your post in a different way.

I've Been Around

Hi Meowmix,

I just got my note 3 earlier this month for $300, How can I get my $100 back?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello YMCI

If you are within the 15 days Of purchase, you can take it back and ask them to redo it for u. If the store says they can't and to call in, i would highly suggest and recommend calling into Rogers and asking for Rogers retentions. Speak to then and tell them u got it within 15 days and the price changed. U want to get a credit of the price change.
I've Been Here Awhile

I will post this here to find out if anyone else has experienced similar issues with their Note 3.

First issue is when pressing the power button on the side to bring up the lock screen I would say 1 out of 5 attempts the screen brightness will be out of whack - I mean it will flash very bright and then will settle and display the lockscreen. The other times the lockscreen appears to display normally without any abnormal brightness levels.

Second issue is once in a while when either making or receiving a call the person on the other end of the line cannot hear me. When I call back all appears well. This does not sit well with me for an $800 phone.

Not sure what to do. Do I bring it back to Rogers? How do I get service for a Samsung phone? I know with an Iphone you can just take it into an Apple Store.

Hope someone can help me out. Much Appreciated.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello slipp

Yes i have that with my Note 3 as well. It seems that happens on a lot of Note 3s when the brightness. Its a Samsung issue and hope it gets resolved.

As for the phone, i do not have that issue. Everyone can hear me perfectly fine. Could be a lemon device you may have? This does happen often with electronics.

To get it repaired, you have 2 options. You can take it into any Rogers store and have them sent out to the repair facility. U may get it back in 2-4 weeks. The store can give u a loner phone but u will need to pay $50 upfront for it. The device is up in the air so u may get any device.

Your other option would be contact Rogers tech support, explain the situation and have them send you out a replacement Note 3. This one will be refurbished. This will cost u$35 and will be added on your next invoice. The reason for the $35 is basically that they send you out the phone and they give u a waybill and a bag to send yours back. You get to keep the replacement device once you send yours back. You have 15 days to send yours back back from the day u receive the replacement device.