Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Note 3?

@

i have the exact same problem today. And also discovered this issue after a phone call from Rogers regarding my new phone. he didn't hang up the phone either. I almost think it was me posted this 🙂 the only way to turn on the screen  during the call is pluging in the headset. now I change the setting of the phone (setting - device - call - turn off screen during calls. ) hope that helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

Han0747,

I searched the Interwebs and found that this problem is common enough (in that, it's been reported on various websites), but nobody had a great solution for it.   The Rogers Tech Support guy I talked to was immediately familiar with the problem without having to look it up, suggesting I wasn't his first call on the topic.

I think turning off the screen during calls (set to: don't turn off) would function as a work-around, but you really want to turn off your screen during calls.    I ran my previous phone with the screen on during calls for a while and the result was that my cheek kept pressing buttons. It was very annoying.  So I really want this feature to work.  (plus, you know... power consumption)

Given we have a "free phone swap within 15 days" I'm going to see if it happens again, and if so, I'll try swapping for a new phone.  (in the next 4 days)

I've also tried a "Live Chat(tm)" with a Samsung Tech Support person, but that's a painful experience at best.  (My suspicion is that the place is staffed by an Eliza program hooked up to a database of responses.) 

The guy actually said: "However, as of now we do not have any reported issues regarding the same."

So... um... apparently they don't have the Internet where they are.   More to the point, the phone is brand new, so any reported problems will also be new.  (this is me giving them an out)

Anyone else seeing this problem?

I'm Here A Lot

You can test it by dialing *#0*# then click sensor button. Screen should be white. And cover the proximity sensor screen should turn green and vibrate. Mine is always green.

I Plan to Stick Around

Han0747,

Thanks for that very useful diagnostic menu!    (storing that one for later!)

My proximity sensor is also always showing "PROXIMITY 1.0" (meaning: "on", I believe) and is green, and vibrating.

Time for an exchange, I believe.

I'm Here A Lot

I exchanged a new one. it is working fine now.

I'm Here A Lot

My local Rogers store starts carring the S view case for Note 3, $72 after tax. I was trying to find out if it does support wireless charging or not in the store. But neither me nor the sales could  find anything useful from the packaging. Any one has idea?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello deham

That's to much for a case so i got a Tech21 case from Bell for $32. Shock proof and does not damage the sides or back.

Also i don't think it does support it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Deham

Wireless charging is not very useful, first it charges very slowly, second you can't use the phone while it's charging. To me it's a No.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lagjazz

I have to agree with u. Its kinda useless if u can't use the device
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone! I I ordered a note 3 oct 5th through the corporate call centre. I still havent got shipping details. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?