Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Hi!

I got my Galaxy Note 3 Classic White  Friday at 9h30.

During the evening, I look at my Picasa photos on this phone using Gallery application.

Photos was synchronizing.

And the screen begins to blink when looking at photos.

Rotation increases the blinking.

I get the same problem for many photos.

After 5 minutes, blinking stops.

Synchronizing was finished.

I decided to ask to synchronize photos again :

Gallery application : Clear cache; Clear data; Force stop.

Again, the screen blinks when looking at photos.

So there is a problem.

This morning, I go to the store to show this problem.

It is possible to reproduce it with   : Clear cache; Clear data; Force stop.

The rep give me a new Galaxy Note 3.

Same blinking.

After 5 minutes, blinking stops.

I decide to keep the new one.

I hope we will have an update to correct this problem.

Bonne fin de semaine!

I Plan to Stick Around

Stopped by future shop and best buy and didn't find any accessories
I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody has been to pmall to see if they have any accessories yet?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LSFT

No FS or BB has any accessories Sadly. Not even any carrier stores. Telus stores only sell 1 case for for the note 3 which is a plastic one they have ( Telus owned case)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ummm, seem like the HK version of note 3 is not region lock. But even if it is region lock, a lot of people reported that you just need to use a local sim (HK) first then the phone will be fully locked.

Has anyone tried a HK note 3 here?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tommy_1989

I doubt anyone else has. You can always post that on XDA forums and see what they say there
I Plan to Stick Around

OK, so it’s been about a day and a half since I got mine and have played with it for hours. Phone is amazing and everything is running great. Calorie Counter app crashed a couple of times, but that happened always.

However I am kinda disappointed with LTE performance. Speed drops dramatically indoors. Just tested my Note 3 next to my wife’s Motorola Razr HD;

-          Note 3: 2.21 Mbps down 0.24 Mbps up (ping 50 ms)

-          Motorola: 8.58 Mbps down 0.83 Mbps up (ping 30 ms)

Sometimes the difference is smaller, but Motorola crushes Note 3 in the speed test every time (both using Ookla speed test app, both tests started at the same time, phones being about foot apart from each other)

Best performance I got out of note in my outdoors  tests was 67.14 Mbps down and 9.75 Mbps up (ping 40 Mbps).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Aprilia

Very nice Review!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got back from pmall and got a clear silicone case and a screen protector for $10. Saw sview case for note 3 for $35, but I don't think its the real thing. So for now I have something to protect the phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone

So here is my review after having it a day & half.

• The phone is amazing. The speed, Screen & multitasking is far better on the Note 3 then the S4. I did record in 4K & did not have any issues playing it back.

• I am loving the new back. It feels almost like leather but its p-leather. Far better then plastic & you do not see finger prints.
  • The speak is loud but not as loud as the HTC One. I still can hear the music great & clear!.
  • The microphone sounds clear & clean to the other person. Always tested this my self & heard it my self.
  • I only had 1app crash which was the Facebook app but that was reported. Nothing else crashed yet.
  • The S-pen is AMAZING!. I used it a few times & i had to get used to it but it works as it was adversisted & i can do all the tricks with it.
  • Charging took 1hr for full charge with my normal USB ( S4 cord). I have not used the USB 3.0 yet to test it. ( The heaphones & 3.0 USB are still sealed in the box.)
  • The IR blaster works just fine!. Set it up with my Rogers / Bell cable boxes & my TV's. Works on all of them. No isssues there.
  • Its not even heavy at all!. It seems like a amazing design & the phone is not that big at all!. i thought it would have been bigger but its not!.
  • Battery. Right now its at 60% with heavy usage & it has been 7hours since last charge. Last night it died at 14hrs since the last charge. Heavy usage again. Battery seems amazing compare to the rest of the phones i have used!!. Still buying a second battery just in case i go out & need it or at work!. No need to charge lol.

The screen is by far BEAUTIFUL!. I can watch HD movies without any issue & the colors are vivid & bright!.

• LTE Speeds are far better on this then my S4. I got inside just now 101.68 down, 15.65 up & 39 ping
  • LTE Speeds outside were 124.64 down, 13.22 up & 28 ping

LTE speeds so far are amazing!. No problem here yet! I noticed someone else was having low LTE speeds but it depends on the are you are. I live in Scarborough & always in the T.O / Scarborough area.

So far this phone has WOW'd me so much!. I would recommened this to anyone!! Enjoy it everyone !!:)