Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Hello Sunyang

At this point no Canadian carrier has released any info yet about this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Flextab is very confusing but this what I have found out thus far if you are upgrading your phone your contract for your hardware is different from the contract for your voice and data....so you can maintain a grandfathered voice and data plan on a 3 year contract and get a new 2 year contract on your device.

Example (these are estimate prices);
you got a Note 2 and new voice / data in Jan 2013 on a 3 year ($299) - Expiration Jan 2016 (outright Note 2 cost:$750)

your upgrading on Oct 2013 to the Note 3 so you have to pay your flex balance

FLEXtab balance = Full Phone price ($750) - term-agreement price ($299) ÷ term length in months (36) x number of months remaining (26) = $325.72

Note 3 (hardware only) on a 2 year is $300 - $50 = $250

On your next bill you will pay;
Flextab balance: $325.72
hardware upgrade fee : $15
Note 3 2 year contract: $250
$590.72 plus taxes (Note 2 could be sold for $400 so your net cost is $190.72)

Just substitute the Note 2 for whatever phone you currently have to determine your contract / purchase outright decision .

New contract end date is still Jan 2016because you didn't change your voice plan and if you do change your plan it becomes Oct 2015
NOTE: I find all new plans seem to cost more to compensate for the shorter contract period

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All.

My black has been delivered, but I called the store and they do not have it.

Apparently it has been received at Rogers' office in Aurora instead.

Any idea how long it could take to transfer it to the store?

Can I hope to still get it for Friday?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In the email I got from Rogers it says that they are shipping it to:
Rogers Authorized Dealer Uptown Communications, 154 University Ave Suite 101
This is what I selected and what I want.
But when I check UPS tracking page, it says that it is getting shipped to RICHMOND HILL, ON. Hmm,..

Can’t believe that I’m behaving like a child. Concern about getting a phone on Friday is consuming me. LOL… Seriously, I should snap out of it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Mine is in (I was Black #3).   They told me when they called that I can pick it up tomorrow.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Aprilia wrote:
In the email I got from Rogers it says that they are shipping it to:
Rogers Authorized Dealer Uptown Communications, 154 University Ave Suite 101
This is what I selected and what I want.
But when I check UPS tracking page, it says that it is getting shipped to RICHMOND HILL, ON. Hmm,..

Can’t believe that I’m behaving like a child. Concern about getting a phone on Friday is consuming me. LOL… Seriously, I should snap out of it.

That's because that dealer happens to use their own DC, therefore they will ship it out from their DC to the store you selected.  Will it arrive by Friday?  I dunno, doubt it, but hey, this is mentioned in the emails you get from the reservation system.  This is why I always pick a Rogers corporate store instead of a dealer.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I just checked with the Rogers store in my building and they have my Note 3 "although they are not allowed to say" but as of right now they have no Galaxy Gears or accessories in stock.  They said they may have some accessories by the morning but getting the gear this weekend might be a longshot unless something changes in the next few hours.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello orijahnal

I spoke to a Rogers store manager that I am very close with. He said they never got told about the Galaxy gear, only about the Galaxy Note 3. He said that there might be more emails / communication for the gear but he highly doubts the stores will get any tomorrow.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix,

I'm hearing the same thing from my Rogers contacts in the area.  They haven't received anything with regards to the galaxy gear.  So that Samsung press release is a farce as it is not possible to get a Note 3 and Gear together and I'm assuming no rain checks will be issued either. 

I Plan to Stick Around

reserved note 3 around 1 this morning. I was always number 37 and havent moved. Still open. Will it ship today?