Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Note 3?

No, it's for contracted customers..... but you may want to take a look at your flex tab balance so you know how much you're going to be spending. Flextab balance shows under "Pay/View device balance" I believe in the account Overview.
I Plan to Stick Around

hi king_tut.. i still have 26 months on my agreement with $411.66 balance.. does this mean i have to pay $411.66 + the note 3 phone cost? how much would me the note 3 then?
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine shows as out for delivery already. Too bad I am out of town until next Thursday.
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys will love this one...

Because of a sub-thread in this thread, I was starting to question if my SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I was going to be fast enough to handle the volume of data that the Note 3 was going to be writing to it.

I tried SanDisk (email support) and they replied that they hadn't tested that device yet: "The Ultra card appears to be compatible but if I'm concerned about speed, I should look at their Extreme MicroSDXC cards."  (emphasis theirs!)  And I should try contacting the manufacturer (aka Samsung).

So I did. I sent an email to Samsung tech support asking specific questions about what memory card speed I should be looking for and I received a cut-and-paste answer that memory cards should be formatted to FAT32 "for better performance". Slightly useful information, but not at all what I was asking.

So I phoned Samsung and talked to a person. That person said they didn't have the information, but my question could best be answered by talking to their parts department. So I phoned a second number and the person there told me that they sell parts for ALL Samsung applicances, and the only phone parts they sell are spare batteries.  Nice, good support Samsung. She suggested I phone Best Buy or Futureshop.

So... I'm back to my original plan: Test my "Ultra" card (which showed up two days ago) and see if it works with my Note 3.

Speaking of which... I got my email and tracking number. My Jet Black Note 3 is currently nearby and "Out for Delivery", so I have full expectation that it'll be available for pickup tomorrow. For reference, I started as #46.

I Plan to Stick Around

Allanligon

It would mean you would up front have to pay the $411.66 and then the $249 would go on your account I believe..
I Plan to Stick Around

@Allanligon

Yes, you'll have to pay the $411.66 plus the $249.99... I'm not sure what costs you have to cover up front, but from my experiences, it all goes on your next bill and you have to pay it then. Nothing is paid up front.
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheyCallMeDoug

Hey, would you please keep me posted on this? I was about to pull the trigger on a 32GB Sandisk Ultra before I heard about incapability issues. Hopefully they're wrong and I can go ahead with my order.

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

king_tut,

I'm not expecting compatibility differences, but I'm mildly concerned that the slower card won't handle the highest quality of video. I mean... it "should"... but I don't want it to be the bottleneck if spending a bit more money fixes the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks gravol and king_tut.. so if i pay for the $411+$249, my contract will be extended again for another 2years? so it might be better if i buy the phone outright then?
I Plan to Stick Around

Well if that's what you want I suppose.. The outright price is probably 750/800 so a couple hundred more than you would pay gets you an unlocked phone and no extended contract