Samsung Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Note 3?

Hello all,

I phoned up Rogers last night to ask about their pricing and if they had any internal information to share. The gentleman over the phone told me pricing will be given to them on their launch day, which is also October 4. He was very enthusiastic about wanting to get one as well and had no idea his own company had started preorders.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello motolinus

They will get the pricing a day or at launch. Rogers will show the pricing on the site most likely a few days or week before launch. I called as well and a lady told me October 4th is the launch date that is all the info she has.

Reps never get told about what phones go in the reservation system unless they find out them selfs or someone tells them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everybody!

I'm reading the User Manual.

I found something very interesting.

With S-Pen of Galaxy Note II, there was a very disappointing problem :

The Menu button and the Back button cannot be used by the S Pen.

But, with S-Pen of Galaxy Note 3 on page 34, we have this comment :

The Menu button and the Back button can be used by the S Pen.

Marvelous!

I've Been Here Awhile

CANCELLED my order for the Note 3.

I decided it was too big and i'm more into the fitness scene. I don't like carry mp3 players so I always bring my phone to listen music when working out. 

good luck to all those who moved up for the Jet Black Note 3! 😃

I got a iPhone 5S instead and moving on from the Samsung Galaxy S3 (moved to an S3 b/c my iPhone 4 glass broke and I was digging the large screen of the S3 at the time) 

love both ecosystems but the smaller phone got to me b/c I travel a lot so a smaller phone would be more ideal. I'm already invested into iTunes so thats another big thing for me. so syncing when I purchase music from laptop would be ideal.

Lets try iPhone one more time (last one I had was an iPhone 4) 

Battery life, i'm scared b/c i had a spare with the my S3 and now I don't have one for the iPhone.. My S3 dies immediately at around 3pm LOL if left alone, with no apps running.

One thing I can say for sure, There has been no phone that can meet my power hungry needs LOL. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kimchi123

Sucks to see you cancelled it. Well good luck with the iPhone 5S and hope u like it! It's always good to switch it up once in a while.

On my S4, I always had around 10-12 hours on heavy usage. With one battery. I always carried another full battery if I needed it. With the iPhone, u can't do that lol. Anyways good luck and hope u made the wise choice!!
I've Been Here Awhile

well it seems that battery life is always the problem, android or no android. I'm sure the tradeoff with the Note 3 is that you will get better battery life in 3300mAh - MONSTER battery. more than double the iPhones but get again, Apple optimizes the OS usage better. Thats really the only explanation why both Android and Apple batteries last about the same. Trade off is the screen size. Note 3 looks amazing but my company is switching to a BYOD system ( they give us BBs right now but looking to switch to BYOD hence I have a crap phone that is useless in every way, personal or business), I'm also going for the NOTE 3 for personal usage and the iPhone 5S for Business usuage.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kimchi123

Well everyone has their own taste in devices right? If the iPhone 5S is a good fit for you, that is good!. So did you actually cancel your reservation for the Note 3? I am still #6 as i was when i reserved the Jet Black one ( unless you were a higher number then me then it does not affect me).
I Plan to Stick Around

That is probably why I fell another spot today. I was 60 for jet black and am now 59. This has been very steady since I registered, alot more than the iPhone I reserved for my wife.  I was 532 and am now 492, keep cancelling those orders everyone!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone,

I am #61 for the classic white, switching from iphone4s, can't stand for that tiny screen any more, it was so bad for my eyes.

I am like everyone else, can't wait to get it! And I am also looking for a good case for it (or do I need one?), didn't find any good ones on ebay maybe there will be more later. What else accessories should I get for the note 3? like a HDMI adapter?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SwordFish99

It's because the phone does NOT come out until Oct 4th. Samsung announced it this morning. That's good at least u are on a low number !
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.