cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Right.. I agree, this is terrible

Kai_Varrelmann
I've been here awhile

Hello everybody,

It is nice to read the comments but they don't help me at all. So back to Rogers. When are you going to provide owners of Samsung Smart Watches with a service plan? Where is the technical problem? I assume the problem is not related to technical issues but an exclusivity contract you guys signed with Apple. Do I understand something wrong? Please advise.

Kind regards

Now one month has passed. When will Rogers support Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch?

Hey anyone have try to do sim swap with esim QR code method? So add a watch plan by using a apple watch/iPhone. Then switch sim by using new esim QR code when setting up galaxy watch3

When will Rogers be ACTUALLY offering other warables??

cody2887
I've been here awhile
just upgraded to a Note 20 Ultra and I love it and! I really want a Samsung smart watch to go with it . I don't have $600 to spend on a watch. My only options at the moment is to ether, get a apple watch, or buy the Samsung watch from another company and have two separate bills for devices that work together. I dont see why were having to wait so long for this. Every other big wireless company offer smart wareables other then apple. Your missing out on business Rogers!! Please start selling android watches

COMPACTER
I've been here awhile

Any news on this? it's 2021 and Rogers needs to get with the times on allowing Samsung or other brands to access their data. I personally hate apple products and find the Android smartwatches to be a better overall experience.

So can anyone give some input on when this will happen? your competitors Bell & Telus have already secured the allowance of these devices where is Rogers? 

sam82
I've been here awhile

Unbelievable that this forum has been going on for 3 years and rogers has not even bothered to update people:-)

SManz
I've been around
Over 3 years and thousands of inquiries later while Rogers hasn't even bothered with an aknowlegement.
This is what I call a stellar customer service:-)

Craigmpak23
I've been here awhile
Why isn't Rogers supporting Samsung watches? Time to get with the times.

Confirmed. Just got an apple watch plan, ask for an eSIM, and it works, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. Don't call Rogers, Just go to a Rogers store.

yes it works with a tablet plan (only data) or phone plan (no data) but it won't sync with phones. "call & text on other device" doesn't work either. tablet mode gives internet connex and you pay a fee everytime you phone or text on the watch assigned phone number. nobody knows at Rogers why Samsung watches 4 doesn't qualify for a watch plan like Apple watches have. At least Rogers should tell us why. It seems even Rogers employees are kept in the dark with this.

alextheangel
I plan to stick around
So you need an iPhone and Apple watch to activate a watch plan first , then switch esim, right? Or you can add watch plan at the store?

Thanks. I'll try it today. I'm on a corporate plan, it's always more complicated....

Same thing here I went in the store today, they set it up as data plan watch and phone doesn't sync. I cancelled plan on the spot I will try bell and see if they can make it work.

"

I'VE BEEN AROUND

Same thing here I went in the store today, they set it up as data plan watch and phone doesn't sync. I cancelled plan on the spot I will try bell and see if they can make it work."

So have you turn the remote connection ON, as well as " Call & Text on other devices" on from your Samsung phone  as well? 
Also, I believe , you better set up a watch plan rather than tablet Data plan, but you do need have a iphone a apple watch to active that plane first, and then ask a esim from Rogers store, and do the switch sim card and active with the barcode under the samsung wear app
 Also from red flag deal forum, people in Bell and telus also have issue active the watch plan on the watch as well.

braidster1
I plan to stick around

That is false I am with another provider and have had no problems with either my original Galaxy watch, or the watch4 classic. 

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

for the bell/telus issue, is what i read from RFD, and people being saying they had no issue with older samsung watch only the watch 4 having the issue. it is great it worked on you, so maybe they fixed issue now. I don't know.
for the record, I did find Rogers has terrible support on esim to devices other than Apple. for bell, you can switch esim directly on the website without need to buy a "new sim", rogers esim still ask you to buy a physical card everytime is pure stupid.

Yes. I turned call and text.... and remote on. Doesn't work with Rogers. I'm switching to another provider, they are cheaper even with watch plan added!

Soooooooooo

Three years since this post and still no change on rogers supporting galaxy watches?????

I had an individual in a rogers store, and a best buy employee tell me that i could hook up my watch on a separate plan.   i bought the new galaxy 4 watch and no luck. 

Rogers and AT&T share the same platform (cross the to the US and your Rogers will connect to AT&T by default) AT&T uses NumberSync for connecting samsung watches. Google "AT&T NumberSync" for more details

alextheangel
I plan to stick around

There's tons of thing att has but not on Rogers, for instance" the visual voice mail" on android, ATT had let support back to Samsung Gear S3 day, and yet on rogers still no today after five year since then.