cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

RogersYasmine

Hello @garron2!

We hope you've been enjoying your stay in the Forums and congrats on your first post! 😁

I'm definitely a watch person myself and I have to admit, the new Samsung Galaxy smartwatches are pretty easy on the eyes!!

Currently, only Apple Watch Series 3 or newer (GPS + Cellular) is compatible with smartwatch plans. Please stay tuned for any future updates to come!!

RogersLaura

No1girltech
I plan to stick around
Why is Roger's NOT supporting Samsung Galaxy Watch?!!! The LTE version is available for preorder. I love mine so much I ordered bluetooth model awaiting the LTE version. I NEED this watch in LTE. I've been a customer for nearly 20 years! Now I need to switch my carrier to support my watch?! Sad...

No1girltech
I plan to stick around
The apple watch can not be ordered without an iphone. So, Samsung users are held up by Roger's not offering the Samsung galaxy watch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @No1girltech

Switching carriers won't do anything truthfully. That watch isn't supported by any other carrier as i can see.. So what will switching carriers do really?. You will complain to that carrier too if they don't support it right now..

Also you are wrong. The watch CAN be ordered without a iPhone. You can still use the watch for calling ( I have a Apple watch series 4) and it still works if I am using myS9+. However messaging doesn't work. So u need a iPhone if u want to change settings and texting. Calling still works.

Everything can work with WiFi or Bluetooth however. Just clearing up some facts here.

No1girltech
I plan to stick around
Your facts are misconstrued.

#1. Roger's will not allow ME to order the watch without an iphone.

#2. Samsung released the LTE Galaxy watch only available with Bell and Telus.

Just clearing up the current facts.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @No1girltech

#1. Rogers should not be doing this as the watch CAN be used separate. Can you explain where they are not allowing u to buy it? Since stores are online do not state this? No where does it state u need the phone in order to get the watch. If it's a store rep, call them out and ask to speak to a manager. Online it let's u order the watch but pick it up in store. So yes you can get it witjout a iPhone. Whoever says otherwise has no clue what they are saying...

#2. My aologies but can you show me on the Telus or Bell site that they have it? I don't see it.. So if Samsung says that Bell and Telus can support it, doesn't mean they both will sell the device as of now. They can support it but you need to buy it from Best Buy or Samsung. I checked Telus site here in Ontario and I don't see it.

Same with Bell. Only wearables I see is either the Apple Watches, Fossil, Fitbits. So please show me a link that Bell and Telus as of this moment are selling or pre ordering those watches on their wesite. Thank you.

Rogers unfortunately won't out it up for sale unless they see people want it. They are always having major issues with activating the Apple Watches on their networks. I don't think they will order another watch until they fix those issues ( since they both use ESIM).

No1girltech
I plan to stick around
It is Samsung Canada website where it states on Bell and Telus will support it.

I am looking into the texting via apple watch now and may switch to apple watch. I use WhatsApp with most family and friends anyways and apple watch supports that! I know that for sure.

Keff15
I've been around

They sell the LTE version and have it in stock at the Source for Bell only.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Keff15

Yes that's because Best Buy and The Source including Samsung are only selling it at the moment.

The Source is owned by Bell so that's why it's only for Bell from the source.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@No1girltech wrote:
Your facts are misconstrued.

#1. Roger's will not allow ME to order the watch without an iphone.

#2. Samsung released the LTE Galaxy watch only available with Bell and Telus.

Just clearing up the current facts.

I am in the same boat. Rogers refuses to john 21st century. no support for wearables. I have LTE GW on preoder as well but not sure where and how to activate it. Bell and Telus DO NOT support GW LTE at the moment, despite Samsung saying so.

ROGERS - this is NOT cool at all! you are holding us back!!!!

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around

Yes, Rogers why can't you support samsung watch??? Since Bell and Telus already announed they are supporting it.

Also why the rogers business still not support esim? It doesn't make sense only the individual account support and not the business account. As a business customer we are more rely on technology these days we need the smart watch more than individual customer.

stefman722
I plan to stick around
It's here! Bell and Telus now offering the Galaxy Watch.

Well, I'm a 15 year + customer of Rogers and I am no longer on contract and have been waiting for just the right "push" for me to switch to Telus, especially seeing how they have newer towers around my house. Well, this is going to be the nail in my contract with Rogers, who refuses to support new tech. Since I can't get the watch with Rogers, Telus here I come!

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/10/26/samsung-galaxy-watch-available-now/

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around
Yeah Rogers you hear us??? Why your technology so behind as compare to your competitors. I am very surprise.

Galaxy Watch

That's really a bummer that Rogers doesn't have the Galaxy Watch. Even if it's not the lte, give the customer the possibility to at least have the Bluetooth one with monthly payments.

It sure would be better to have the lte! But if you cannot support it ( I won't know why since Apple watch works) then give us the Bluetooth version.

Or update your things and give us the LTE version. But come on.. Bell and Telus have them, I can't understand why your technology is that behind for a company that is supossed to be that big..

I'll hope you will change your minding and that we will have the possibility to have a Galaxy Watch directly for Rogers..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I haven't noticed that any of you seen this. However I believe Rogers is holding back due to the major issues on the Apple Watch LTE with registrations and making accounts. Since September 21st major issues in Roger side has affected hundreds if not thousands to activate any LTE Apple watch. Bought from Apple or Rogers.

There is a huge thread regarding this. Many tech sites reported this too. My believe as i see it is that they want to fix those errors and make sure that the system runs perfectly fine without errors or issues.

I invite everyone to look on that thread to understand. This could be the main reason why they aren't offering it at the moment which makes sense.

stefman722
I plan to stick around
This is the android forum. What does apples faults have to do with the Galaxy Watch?

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around
Stedman you are dam right. We are talking galaxy watch here.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
If I buy from best buy will the watch work on any of the 3 networks or r they locked? I am guessing not locked.

Got it at 30% off from BB 😃. So not sure what I should do

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around
Wut? You got 30% off? I didnt see the promotion at bestbuy. Is it bestbuy canada? I didnt see any 30% off

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Victorchan218 @stefman722

With all due respect, doesnt matter this is a Android thread. What i am saying is correct however you both failed to understand. So I'll explain a bit better below.

The Galaxy watch and Apple watch use ESIM. Rogers is having ISSUES enabling and accepting ESIM watches on their networks since the Apple Watch 4 launched last month.

With all due respect once again, go read those forums to see how many are affected with that issue.

Thus why most likely Rogers isn't offering the watch yet until those issues are fixed. Once again the Galaxy Watch uses ESIM which the Rogers servers are having issues and troubles activating them with the Apple Watch.

If this makes no sense then I don't know what to tell to tell you.