Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

RogersRoland, I got an S9+ from Roger's but volte and VoWiFi did not work. So this cant be guaranteed.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rogersrolland
Could you please explain why Rogers has disabled the Data Toggle & Hot Spot Toggle??
Also, Why has Rogers disabled the FM chip??
There is a workaround for the Data & Hot Spot Toggles - But it should not be disabled to begin with... Are these disable by Rogers so that Rogers customers use more Data??
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland there is NO difference in configuration, all Canadian versions
of the Galaxy S9 are the same, Rogers is straight up blocking a feature that my phone is capable of because it is not purchased through Rogers everyone know you guys are blocking features via IMEI
I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked. My FM radio works. Downloaded NextRadio. Need headphones for it to work.
I Plan to Stick Around

@steveburke23, call Roger's tech and have them add your imei in the system. If it still doesn't work after that then I can only assume there is some settings in the software that comes from Rogers for it to work on Rogers hence the different brands of software /firmware. This could be another different form of way locking the device to a Carriere by using carriers software RWC vs XAC

Yeah the FM chip works on the S9+ But NOT on the S8+.... Same Hardware!
The Data & Hot Spot Toggles are also Disabled by Rogers on the S8+...... Why @RogersRoland?

Yes you're right about the S9+ But it's Disabled by Rogers on the S8+.
I Plan to Stick Around

cool, the FM feature is working with the Next Radio App, I never thought to even check until now,
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the FM radio is probably because the S8's had Rogers branded software and the devices were locked to Rogers, I beleive the S9's just use the XAC firmware for all carriers and additions are installed depending on what sim card is inserted at the setup stage.